Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Kidsafe blocking sites

17 REPLIES 17
snapper1
Chatterbox

Multiple browsers this morning started blocking random sites and reffered back to kidsafe blocking them. However it's not switched on and when going to the relevant page on my account it goes to a "sorry cant bring you page you're after" error page. Wasted 21/2 hours so far on this Talk Talk - online chat facility worse than usless - any ideas anyone?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @snapper1

Seems to be an issue affecting quite a few customers.

Ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's (TalkTalk team) will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

snapper1
Chatterbox

done that - do i just wait now for a reply?!?!?

Community Team

Hi snapper1, there's an incident open for this issue. You'll be able to track it using the Service Status page. 

snapper1
Chatterbox

ok thanks. Is there any idea how long this will take? 

ronat
Chat Champion
I have same issue, and wonder if this will be a general fix, rather than an individual.
Ronat
snapper1
Chatterbox

who knows. evidently it's a know issue according to a twitter feed but why it even exists in the first place is the thing.....

Melbell
Chatterbox
Melbell
Chatterbox

I’ve just been advised of this, please click on websites.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

Community Team

Hi snapper1, what is meant by known issue differs slightly from the fact that we've got an incident raised for this as we've identified there's a fault that's affecting customers in this way. Hopefully. the team will have this sorted very soon. I've checked and there are no updates yet. 

bukey
Team Player

I have exactly the same thing.  Kidsafe set to off, but it's blocking sites refering to various sections of kidsafe tickboxes, - which if switched off shouldn't happen.  They should abandon all this blocking until they got it working properly, or customers with moved elsewhere.

wolfie138
First Timer

m p155ed-off at this, i don't appreciate someone telling me i can't go to sites i want, especially when the item isn't activated in my accounts. i don't even WANT that in my accounts because i'm an adult and can decide for myself where i browse and there are no kids in my house to protect.

i also don't appreciate talktalk giving no contact options but writing, or calling. this is 2018 and there is such a thing as email. some people have hearing or talking issues, in case you didn't know.

ollie02
Popular Poster

Yeah this is affecting me as well. Im 40 and i dont need Talk Talk to decide what websites i visit. The cynic in me suggests this is a test for when we all get blocked from accessing websites the government doesnt want us to.

ronat
Chat Champion

Does anybody really believe it takes as long as this to remedy such a basic mistake. I am also inclined to believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

Ronat
Grownup
First Timer

I came home this eveningto find that I amblocked from many websites although my Homesafe settings are correct.    After 30 minutes on the phone to Talktalk they told me they had just learned it was a network problem. However since then I read on Talktalk that this was reported yesterday!   And several hours after my phonecall, there is still no progress. 

rickyardley
First Timer

Hello snapper1,

I have had the same problems, particularly regarding Team Viewer being blocked.

After wasting half a day and 20 minutes talking to the useless TalkTalk phone helpline service who told me "BT are aware of the problem - just keep trying once an hour and it will eventually be cured" I discovered that if Kidsafe is turned ON I can then untick any blocked genres and add any websites (in my case TeamViewer.com) to the exceptions list.

Voila, my blocked connections are restored.

Not a very logical bit of programming by TalkTalk, not to mention failing to tell their customers that this was about to occur.

Hope this may be of help.

snapper1
Chatterbox

came back earlier today and randomly now all working and back to where i was before, so basically now i just wonder when the next time will be when it'll pack up. Interesting the workround and the silence from the company called TalkTalk. The absence of customer service is a standard proccedure these days from companies who'd rather not sully their hands with the common customer - put up or shut up and move basically as there's always another one to take the place. 

Community Team

You can still check for updates on the service starus page. Hopefully, this incident won't last too much longer.