would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Please disable scam protecion

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
trued
Popular Poster

@OCE_Ady or other TT techies, please disable my scam protection completely, I have lost trust in the configurability on the webpage. I do like that there are easy to talk to TT moderators / techies on this forum who actually seem to be able to help. Thanks for this. Like with e.g. giffgaff, the forum is the one-stop for help.

Re Scam Protection, for me it breaks teamveiwer more often than not and use teamviewer daily privately and sometimes for work.

I perceive as blocking of a tool where 99+% of its worldwide use is for benign causes and blocks people from helping each other. It's a little bit like banning knives just because they are also used by some bad people who carry them round and do harm with them.

When going through chat a experienced the same problem as described by previous threads.

Chat useless, pointing me to the homesafe article which as of today covers KidsSafe, Homework Time etc. but not Scam Protection, going round in circles explaining that depending on what browser and what browser extensions I use I either get the change settings link which asks me to call the 0345 phone number mentioned before, or a On/off button that doesn't have any functionality, either way I can't use self-service to get an unrestricted access.

PS:

Just using UblockOrigin makes the difference between the two. Oddly enough I get the On-Off button with UblockOrigin enabled in firefox or chrome, and the link with the 0345 number with ublockorigin disabled or when using IE or Chrome with addons disabled.

I'll follow up with pictures if need be.

Highlighted
Divsec
Community Star

Hi, thanks for your post. I ve flagged your post for assistance so you will hear shortly. Please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi trued, I've sent you a personal message to confirm security information. Once I've got your reply I'll be able to turn it off for you. 

Highlighted
Community Team
Solution

Hi trued, thanks for confirming the security information. I've turned off scam protection for you. 

Highlighted
trued
Popular Poster

Thanks Ady, excellent response time and service! Teamviewer is now working

Highlighted
Community Team

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Highlighted
Lo Lo
First Timer

Hi how did you turn of scam protection and do you have to get in touch my with talk talk or can you do it yourself I have got child safe on will i have to turn that of thank you

J whitehouse