Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems accessing fsecure

9 REPLIES 9
cvsmith
Chatterbox

I am trying to set up fsecure but when tranferred to lof into my fsecure account my password does not work and on using the link to request instructions on reseting password I never get the email that is supposed to be sent. Any advice and help appreciated

Community Team

Hi cvsmith, I've sent the welcome mail again and forced a password reset let me know if that fixes the problem for you. If not please add your landline and mobile to your profile so that I can raise a fault ticket for you. 

cvsmith
Chatterbox

Thank you for your help, I have now received the email and followed instructions. Superboast now says it is a  valid but virus guard real time is not working. I have gone into preferences and tick virus guard real time option but as soon as I leave that screen the tick is removed. Any ideas please?

Community Team

Do you have 2 AntiVirus products on the same machine? I don't recognise Virus Guard as a tool within SSB. 

cvsmith
Chatterbox

Sorry not using the correct terminology.

Fsecure say's my computer is not protected - there is a problem with real time scanning.

Going into preference I am able to tick the realtime scanning boxe but as soon as I leave that screen the box is unticked.

I did have a previous virus guard (Kasperky) but I disabled it and recovered it before installing Fsecure.

I have tried recovering and reinstalling Fsecure but the problem remains.

Community Team

I just wanted to be sure I was helping you correctly. When uninstalling Fsecure have you used the Fsecure removal tool and have you run all the updates for your Operating System? 

cvsmith
Chatterbox

Sorry not replied sonner been away. 

I have recovered Fsecure with removal tool and reinstalled, still the same problem even though Fsecure is showing as activated.

It says computer not protected 'no real time scanning'.

When going into preferences the 'real time scanning' box is not ticked.

I unlock to make change and tick 'real time scanning' box but as soon as I lock the change or leave that screen the real time scanning box is unticked.

Help please, could someone call me to work through this problem with me?

Thank you

Community Team

Is your device on the compatibility list on the Supersafe boost troubleshooting help article?

cvsmith
Chatterbox

Yes it is OS x High Sierra 10.13.3

Community Team

What a strange one this is. I've not had one where the removal tool failed to clear out the problem. Sometimes I go round in circles with you but it's my process to ensure we've double checked every step as the quickest fix is always the best.  I know I've asked this before but your machine definitely doesn't have any other AV still installed whether running or not does it?