would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Scam Protection and Teamviewer

1 REPLY 1
AndyR36
First Timer

Hi,

While I understand the thinking behind blocking TeamViewer; I suggest this is extreme heavyhandedness.

I am an IT person who MUST have TeamViewer, but there will be many many 1000's of home workers who need use it for work too.

But because you give no way to whitelist teamviewer, all these 1000's of people must switch off your "Scam Protection" service completely.

Why not give a way to add a list of "allowed" websites like you have for "Kids Safe", then all those 1000's of people can benefit from the protection from all the other bad sites while being able to work with TeamViewer.

So in plain language:

Please add a facility to whitelist specific domains or services.

At the moment I've had to expose myself to all the other potential problems by switching "Scam Protection" off.
Please advise when you've added this feature so I can switch back on and add teamviewer to a whitelist.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @AndyR36

You can enable TeamViewer whilst still having Scam Protection on to provide continued protection against scammers. 

To allow or block TeamViewer as a single entity:

• Click on My Services (grey header bar)
  • Click on View HomeSafe settings (drop-down list)
  • Under the KidsSafe setting which should be On
    Click on Choose which websites to block or allow
    Add teamviewer.com and click on Allow to show a green dot
    (When not needed click on Block to show a red dot)
  • Click the blue Save changes button
  • Allow 5 minutes for the change to be sent to the network

You should now be good to go. Remember that if you remotely connect to other TalkTalk customer devices then those customers need to enable TeamViewer.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer