Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Spam Protection and teamviewer.com

12 REPLIES 12
SnailBob
Popular Poster

I have an IT issue at home and need to allow access to our work IT guys to work out a solution. The Spam Protection won't let them access it via teamviewer.com. I have already spent 22 minutes on the phone - Spam Protection is apparently turned off (but still on per My Account). Can I just get Home Safe turned off - would this solve the issue? I don't need it anyway as far as I can see.

Thanks

Joanne How
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SnailBob

Here's the detail you need about How to use TalkTalk HomeSafe®

This includes how to switch off Scam Protection and using the KidsSafe feature of websites to block and allow.

Turning off Scam Protection should work but you can also use KidSafe to add specific websites to allow, in this case teamviewer.com.

The agents on LiveChat or Messenger on the MyTalkTalk mobile app (8am to 10pm) will switch off Scam Protection for you if you find that switching off via MyAccount doesn't work for any reason.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

SnailBob
Popular Poster

Added website address to kidsafe which solved that issue. Our IT team were able to access my computer but unable to solve my initial problem. It seems that some security feature is generating a random string preventing me from accessing my firm's secure internal site. We think this is the issue as we can't access the site from any computer in the house. I have turned off Home Safe and Norton but still having the same problem. Anyone any ideas? 

Joanne How
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SnailBob

Are you connecting via your firm's Virtual Private Network?

What model router have talktalk provided to you?  If it's the DSL-3782 that doesn't play nicely with all VPN's with its current 1.08t firmware.  There is a fix that TalkTalk can provide.

Have you tried using an alternate DNS particularly if you don't need the security features of HomeSafe?

SnailBob
Popular Poster

I am trying to connect to a VPN. Our router is old - a Huawei 520 - is there a fix for this one? Our IT team think the issue is with the talktalk connection as the problem persists with other devices in the home we tried and not for colleagues trying to connect to the VPN. 

If there is no fix we will need to move to another  broadband provider as I have to work from home frequently.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Joanne How
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SnailBob

The router is worth swapping out free of charge to an HG633 which does support VPN working.

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi snailbob, I've ordered a replacement router for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SnailBob
Popular Poster

Thanks for your help 🙂

Joanne How
OCE_Ady

You're welcome. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SnailBob
Popular Poster

Oh dear. I happily opened the box and installed the new router. Tried to connect to the VPN but had same issue. Checked router and saw that it was not the one mentioned but the dsl. Not too impressed. More time wasted when I can't work. Please send the correct router.

Thanks

Joanne How
OCE_Ady

Which router did you get? You should have only received the 633. 

SnailBob
Popular Poster

No it was the dsl3732 I received.

Thanks 

Joanne How
OCE_Ady

Ok, I was told we weren't shipping that at the moment. Let me see what I can do.  I've requested another router and this should be the 633 that you want.