Need help?

Super Safe Boost installation

4 REPLIES 4
Vernoninho
Chatterbox

Monday

Re: Supersafe Boost Installation Issue  

Hi

Like seemingly many others, I'm baffled by the installation process for Super Safe Boost.

TalkTalk's online article advises:

• Login to My Account.
  • Choose My servicesin the toolbar, then choose Manage SuperSafe Boost from the drop-down menu.
  • Select the tickbox in the section called Manage your security.
  • Then choose theConfirm order
  • Once you've done this, you'll be sent your username, password and download link in an email from F-Secure

However, these instructions don't match the online TalkTalk MyAccount set up.  I've gone round in virtual circles trying to find the drop-down menu, the elusive tick-box or the invisible confirm order button.

Therefore, I can't register and generate an email with F-Secure log-in details. 

Your help would be much appreciated

Jonathan Bramall

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

Vernoninho 

Visitor

Monday

Thanks for the SSB help emails.

Nonetheless, these simply take me back to the same pages on the TT website where I've already been flummoxed, so I haven't made any progress: still no sign of drop-down menu, tick-box or confirm order button.

Please could you send the F-Secure registration email?

Thanks

Jonathan Bramall

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

OCE_Ady 

Community Team

yesterday

Hi Vernoninho, please start your own topic to avoid any confusion in the OPs thread. It's better to work one customer per topic so as to ensure everyone knows who is talking to who. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

OCE_Ady 

Community Team

yesterday

Hi Vernoninho, I've gone into the account based on the number you've provided. I've followed the steps in the article and your post and everything works as it should. You've got 1 licence version selected. It would be helpful if you could add the landline number too. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

Vernoninho 

Visitor

yesterday

Hi Ady

Thanks for your reply.

Hm - this is frustrating.  

I've following the instructions again, trying Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge  and Samsung Internet (Android app).  However, none correspond to the directions on setting up Super Safe Boost, i.e. I've still found no drop-down menu, no tick-box and no confirm order button.

I've attached a screen-shot of the only SSB menu page I can find.

Kind regards

Jon

PS: My apologies - I did wonder if should have started a new thread before my first post.

Jonathan Bramall

SSB screenshot.docx ‏89 KB

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

Vik Butler 

Sightseer

yesterday

Hi sorry for the long delay in replying.

My ex had a lsbu email but I took out a new talk talk account when we split and I moved address.

Vik

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

Vernoninho 

Visitor

yesterday

No worries Vik! 🙂

Jonathan Bramall

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

OCE_Ady 

Community Team

2 hours ago

That explains why you're not getting the mails then. I'll need to get that removed from the back end systems so that I can get you the mails you need. I've asked the team to remove the old email and then we can add your's. Hopefully, this will get done pretty quickly. 

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

OCE_Ady 

Community Team

2 hours ago

Hi Vernoninho, please start your own thread so that we can get you sorted and avoid confusion. 

0 Likes

Quick ReplyReply

Jonathan Bramall
Community Team

Hi Vernoninho, as you've already got the 1 user licence you won't see the confirm order pop up window unless you change to either 8 user licence version or no protection. I've had to remove the 1 user licence for you and will add it again once the remove order completes. Once that's done you'll get the welcome mail to help you with installation. 

Community Team

I've now sent you a new welcome mail and forced a password reset. Let me know how you get on. 

Vernoninho
Chatterbox

Hi Ady

Thanks very much for your help.

We've completed the registration and are now installing the software.

Fingers crossed for plain sailing from here.

Kind regards

Jon

Jonathan Bramall
Community Team

You're welcome Jon. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.