Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SuperSafe boost

20 REPLIES
woodshaper
First Timer

Down loaded and installed ok, no email recieved with password, tried repeatedly to get link to re set password, told email sent,  recieve nothing at all.

Spoke to tech help who also had no success they then gave this address to get further help!

Am using OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6.

Can see I am not the first one to have this issue.

Worth sorting this out or not bothering? 

Think why before you try!
Community Team

Hi woodshaper, please add your landline and mobile numbers to your profile and I'll be happy to get this sorted out for you. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

woodshaper
First Timer
Done!
Community Team

I've had to force a rejected TV order to cancel and then remove your SSB in order to readd it and then you'll get the welcome mail etc. Let me know how you get on.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

woodshaper
First Timer

HI

Have received an email telling me that the supersafe boost is being removed from the account, with a 'click here' option to restart it if have changed my mind.

Do you mean that I should I click to restart it????

Community Team

I've restarted it for you. You should get the welcome mail very shortly.  Let me know how you get on. 

woodshaper
First Timer

Nothing yet Ady

Mike Senior

woodshaper
First Timer
Zilch!
Community Team

I've resent the welcome mail for you. This is going to the mac.com address. Let me know if you receive it.

woodshaper
First Timer
Hi Ady
Yep got it ok.
Begin installation clicking on 1st green box then carton image loaded onto desk top ok.
Opened it up and began loading . THEN a boxed opened up no subscription active log in to activate Then a further larger box opened up with mac pc image with red cross over it and 'databases too old' and scan box at side of this!
THEN a further small box option opened up with use/choose safari option clicked on this than asked for permission to locate by entering PC password, did so using mike seniors computer for location.
THEN a further box opened up underneath this asking for login then vanished.

Now have several different boxes open on desktop along with 'no subscription' active box with either 'close' or 'show 'options!
Could use a little help here please.

Mike the bewildered
Community Team

That's not right Mike. Do you have any other AntiVirus running on the machine? If not let's just try to remove and then reinstall Fsecure using the Fsecure Removal tool in case there's any old Fsecure software on there. 

woodshaper
First Timer

Completed unistall using guest option, now have nothing on desktop only talktalk supersafe installer!

Retry installing again using this?

woodshaper
First Timer

So................... checked for any sign of any sky related applications, removed skygo app also removed then downloaded supersafe installer.

Everything seemed to go smoothly, green T box in top menu bar appeared with a 1 inside.

Green log box with email and password box inside not user name as stated.

Used forgot password link (not sure which one required, phone, forum or account one)

Reset successfully then returned to activate box, entered email and new password then........

Activate box showed message 'you do not have any licences availible to install supersafe'

'You can install by releasing from another device' showing click on green box below and the nick name I gave this pc when I first got it appears along with chose circle at side.

Chose this then got this device will no longer be protected message.

Now even more confuddled!!!!!!

Community Team

You have one licence. That licence is showing in use on a PC. The name of the PC starts with cadav does that make sense? 

woodshaper
First Timer

Latest

Turned pc on this morning and a large supersafe login box opened along with smaller box in top right of desktop same as yesterday.

Used password I altered yesterday and again got same not enough licenses message.

so............click on release from my pc's name and reclicked on account joan senior.

I now havethe small green T emblem in top right of menu bar with a tick inside it.

opening this gives option to 'open supersafe' (works ok) and preferences, virus and spyware scan, chose what to scan, check for updares and infection report.

Below says your computer is protected version 17.1 (16230), database 2018-03-27_01

Have never received any email with link to enter user name.

This apple pc is the only computer/device we have, having realeased the license from what was named as my computer which now has the name joan senior (my mother) the account holder.

Is this account/computer fully protected of not! 

woodshaper
First Timer

What I originally named my computer, supersafe was treating it as a seperate device I could not gain access to it?

Community Team

I'll release the licence for you. That will allow the new machine name to connect. 

woodshaper
First Timer

I managed to released the license from my/the device named 'cad' and after being prompted to install  'browsing protection' installed using joan seniors devive/account things appear to be running ok! 

Community Team

Great stuff. I'm glad to hear it's all sorted for you. 

woodshaper
First Timer
Just completed a scan successfully!
Thanks for your help/patience Ady.

Best wishes
Mike