would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersafe Protection Malfuntion

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES
GlenT55
Chatterbox

On the advice of Talk Talk, as my F-Secure Log in was not recognised, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Super Safe. It all installs ok, but I have done this a number of times and keep getting a protection malfunction and it says no longer protecting. it suggests a restart, but it just does the same thing again and will not run a scan. i am quite annoyed as I did this at the suggestion of Talk Talk.

I used the F-Secure removal tool as I have seen suggested in other posts.

How can I get full protection again as part of my package as my laptop is currently unprotected., it worked fine before the uninstall and reinstall.

fr8ys
Community Star
Solution

Hi,

Did you release the licence within your account before reinstalling?

If not then I suggest you do so first, uninstall using the removal tool and then try reinstalling.

If this does not work, then post back and I'll escalate for you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
GlenT55
Chatterbox

Hi, yes I released the licence, then used removal tool, then downloaded and re-instalelled from Talk Talk account. it set up ok and did initial scan but now it says updating virus protection and will not run scan, after about 15 mins it says malfunction and asks me to restart. I have done this several times but keeps doing same thing.

fr8ys
Community Star

Ok, I'll escalate for you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
GlenT55
Chatterbox

Hi, I have just had a final try at the uninstall process (7th time I think), and this time it appears to have worked and everything is now running, weird!

Thanks for your help though.

fr8ys
Community Star

Great. Pleased it worked, eventually.

Let's us know you have any further issues.

Community Team

A great bit of peer to peer support. Thanks fr8ys and nice one on the best answer. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

fr8ys
Community Star

Thanks @OCE_Ady

Community Team

No thank you. Your dedication to supporting other Community Members is always greatly appreciated. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat