Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Supersafe blocking a school website

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi there,

I have Supersafe protecting my daughters mobile phone but it is blocking access to a school website. The website address has the word rocket in it which is probably throwing up red flags to Supersafe.

Is it possible to add an exception to Supersafe to allow access to specific websites? I have added an exception on my Homesafe account but this has made no difference.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Andrew.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andrew, the help you need is in the HomeSafe has blocked my Website  help article. I suspect the site is being blocked by HomeSafe as SuperSafe would only block it if it was hosting a virus. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Ady,

I don't think it is homesafe blocking the website because I have added it as an exception in the Homesafe settings and it is still blocked.

On the following page about problems with Supersafe Boost:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Problems-with-SuperSafe-Boost/ta-p/2205221

it states

Browsing Protection is blocking a website I want to view?

If you find you're having difficulty viewing a website, this may be because you're blocking a particular category that the website falls into.

If you find you've blocked access to a category, you can add specific websites to the website exceptions list so you can still have access.

To view the website exceptions list, follow the simple steps below:

1. Open SuperSafe
  2. Select Browsing Protection
  3. Choose the relevant user and click Settings
  4. Select the link View website exceptions at the bottom

This article seems to say I can add exceptions to Supersafe but I can't find the relevant options.

When I open Supersafe I cannot find the Browsing Protection option anywhere. The article states that this can be called safe browsing on mobiles but I can't find a settings option in here either.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Andrew.