Hi I know there is a post with the same issue but after 1.5 hours of chat with the technical support team, who seem to be the only technical support team who are not technical, this is my last resort. I will spell out my problem to make it easy to understand.
1. After receiving error messages on one of my devices from Supersafe boost I tried to login to my Supersafe boost account.
2. I received the message “incorrect login”.
3. I selected forgotten password and entered my email address.
4. I was informed I would receive an email with a reset link.
5. I waited and waited but no email. Yes I did check my spam
6. I tried a different computer and had the same login error. I requested a new link and waited and waited and checked my spam again. I’m still waiting after 24 hours.
7. I opened a chat with Technical support who would not listen to me and said their service was up and running and everything was fine. I tried logging in and received same error. The best Technical support could do was to send me instructions on how to reset my password. Eventually they said they didn’t have the ability or knowledge on how to reset my password. They were also unable to raise a ticket to log my issue with a more competent person.
8. The final advice from the so called Technical support was for me to log in to the forum and I should find a solution to my problem.
So if anyone from TalkTalk, who has the ability to reset my account, is reading this then please just do it and inform me when it is done. As I am not the first to report this then maybe you might have an issue which needs addressing.
I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.
To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-
Personal Profile > Personal Information
Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?
Hi Dave150, there is an issue with the TalkTalk servers sending this mail to Spam and I've raised this to the product manager for email. In the meantime I've sent the welcome mail and whenever I send the email it absolutely always arrives. It will almost certainly end up in spam or junk or trash, but it will arrive. If you read all the threads as you have you'll see that every customer I've helped eventually finds the email in spam. If you'd prefer I can send it to your mobile too.