cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Online Defence -- Browser Protection Facility not working with "Apple Safari" Browser

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady

Thank you very much for your latest email and also for informing me that you're also rather puzzled as to why it's taking so long for the "F-Secure" Technical Support Team to get back to you regarding the issue I've been having with the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Software for a few months or so now.  

Thank you also for mentioning that you would chase up the relevant people at "F-Secure" to find out what's causing the issues I'm having and why they are taking so long to try to resolve them.  

Hope it won't be long before the issues in question are finally resolved.  

Thank you once again for your latest email and have a great weekend.  

Best Regards

Jonathan (Xing2016)

J R Wilkinson
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

I think I'm going to have raise this again for you. Are you still having problems with it?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady

Thank you very much for your latest email.  

Yes, it's really disappointing that it's been taking so long for the issue I reported regarding the "TalkTalk Online Defence" software not working properly, when it comes to the Web Browser Extensions needed for the "Browsing Protection" Facility to function correctly.  

So yes, if you could raise the matter with the people at your end once again, I would very much appreciate it, especially as the issue now seems to affect the "Mozilla Firefox" and "Google Chrome" Web Browsers, as well as the "Apple Safari" Web Browser, which is the only one that was initially being affected by the issue.  

In view of the issue needing to be raised again at your end, please let me know if you require me to perform any further troubleshooting-related tasks from my end, or whether or not the ones I performed when I initially reported the issue will still suffice.  

Thank you once again for your assistance so far with this matter, which is very much appreciated.  

Best Regards

Jonathan Wilkinson (Xing2016)

J R Wilkinson
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady

This is just to check what's been happening since Wednesday 9 September 2020, which is when you last contacted me regarding the Web Extensions for the "Browsing Protection" Facility that comes with the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Internet Security Program, not working with the "Apple Safari", "Mozilla Firefox" and "Google Chrome" Web Browsers.  As I haven't received any further updates regarding this matter since Wednesday 9 September 2020, I wanted to find out what progress had been made regarding trying to resolve this issue.  

For your information, since I received your last email on Wednesday 9 September 2020, I have updated my "Apple iMac 21.5" Desktop Computer to "Mac OS.X 10.15.7", which is the latest operating system that's currently available for "Apple iMac" Desktop Computers, and I am also now using the latest version of the "Apple Safari" Web Browser on this computer, which is Version 14.0.  

Please feel free to let me know if you require any further details in relation to the information given above, and also what steps, if any, have been taken and/or need to be taken to resolve the issues I've both previously and currently outlined regarding the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Internet Security Program.  

Thank you in advance once again for your assistance with the matters outlined above, which is very much appreciated.  

Best Regards

J R Wilkinson
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady

Further to my previous email, dated Wednesday 30 September 2020, I wish to inform you that the issue that was causing the Browsing Protection Extension for the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Program not to work in the "Apple Safari", "Mozilla Firefox" and "Google Chrome" Web Browsers seems to have resolved itself after at least four months or so of being a persistent issue during much of that time.  

Apart from making sure I have the latest version of each Web Browser installed, keeping all of the Web Browser Extensions for the Browsing Protection part of the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Program fully up-to-date, as well as making sure that my computer is using the latest version of the "Mac OS.X" Operating System, I haven't been making any changes at my end to resolve this issue and until now, none of those changes seemed to have made any difference as far as correcting the problem is concerned.  

However, I did notice yesterday afternoon (Thursday 22 October 2020), that a new version of the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Program had automatically downloaded and installed on to my computer, and from what I could tell, there hadn't been any updates to this Program issued since around June of this year.  So after noticing that an update to the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Program had been automatically downloaded and installed on to my computer, I downloaded and installed the latest version of the Browsing Protection Extension for the "Apple Safari", "Mozilla Firefox" and "Google Chrome" Web Browsers and since doing this, the relevant Web Browser Extensions seem to have worked successfully, without any further issues.  So I am wondering if the latest version of the "TalkTalk Online Defence" Program and the latest Web Browser Extensions for the "Browsing Protection" Facility of it, have included something that finally resolves once and for all, the issue that was preventing the relevant Web Browser Extensions from working properly during the last four months or so.  

Whilst I am really pleased to see that this issue has finally been resolved after around four months of having to put up with it and getting nowhere fast in the meantime, I shall still keep an eye on things and let you know accordingly if the same issue resurfaces at any point in the future.  

In any case, thank you once again for your assistance so far in seeing what can be done to resolve this issue, which is very much appreciated, and hope you keep staying safe and well during the rather uncertain times in which we're all currently living.  

Best Regards

J R Wilkinson