would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to Access Supersafe Account

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
2willaston
Chatterbox

Following a malfunction I have had to uninstall Supersafe. I am now looking to release the original licence and re-install via the Supersafe portal. However at log-in the portal maintains that the log-in details are incorrect despite both the email address and password having been used earlier in the day to access My Account.

Probably related is the finding that when seeking to reset my SS password  from the log-in page I did not receive either in my Inbox or Junk Mail the email which would allow me to do this and which was stated to have been sent. (A similar situation arose at the end of a Chat today when I requested a record  of it to be sent to my email address; this has not been received  even though 'the system' says it has been sent).

What's going on?

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

What do you mean by "malfunction?" Have you worked your way through the help article?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Problems-with-SuperSafe-Boost/ta-p/2205221

Highlighted
2willaston
Chatterbox

A malfunction problem has been experienced by others over the last 12 moths or so. In my case the issue was that one  of antivirus upgrades had failed to install. I was advised by Customer Service that I would have to uninstall Supersafe, release the licence and then re-install. The problem now is that I cannot log into the SS portal to do this.

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

OK, thanks for clarifying. Are you saying that your SuperSafe login details are the same as for My Account?

I will flag this up for you to the support team, but bear in mind they won't be back online until Monday. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account.

Highlighted
2willaston
Chatterbox
Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the support team. I remember reading somewhere that the log-in details were the same for both My Account and Supersafe and no one in TalkTalk has contradicted it.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 2willaston, I've resent the welcome email and the password reset. They'll go to the email address you're expecting them at. They very often go straight to your spam/junk or trash folder. If you have any more problems with this please let me know. 

Highlighted
2willaston
Chatterbox

I do continue to have problems.

I received yesterday on both my laptop and  tablet at the expected address an email notifying me of your posting. I have not received on either device the welcome letter and password reset communication to which your message referred. I have of course checked that they are not in either my Inbox or Junk.

So we are no further forward. The issue referred to in the last para. of my original post is not resolved. The email address (which is the only one I have ever used for communication with TalkTalk) works for some purposes (logging into My Account, notification of monthly bill, notification of  Community replies to posts) but not for others (logging into Supersafe Account, receiving email transcription of a CHAT etc). 

I gather from other posts that others are having related experiences. When is the problem going to sorted out and by whom?  Frustratingly I am stuck with a laptop which because of security concerns is of limited use.

Highlighted
Community Team

Often customers complain that they haven't received the welcome mail and I've never had one fail to arrive. It's always a case of it having been diverted to an alternate folder, always.  A couple of years back we had the email admins checking for the mails as everyone said as they do now that they hadn't arrived and the email admins always found the mail in one or other folder as expected. If you have any mail filters set disable or delete them especially if they're carried over to the new platform and I'll resend the mail for you.

Highlighted
2willaston
Chatterbox

Thanks your message. Some progress to report!

I rechecked all mail folders on my laptop and tablet and confirmed the the'missing messages' were not there.  I am not aware of any email filters being created on either of these devices.  I then looked at my emails on TalkTalk webmail and found the missing messages in SPAM. I have no idea why they were assigned there since I have never set any filters on Webmail. I would not know how to! Any filter must have been set by TalkTalk Webmail - but odd that TalkTalk allows their own messages to be classed as SPAM and why only some of them?

Regarding the 'Welcome' message I clicked on the 'NOT SPAM' icon and the message promptly disappeared from Webmail. I subsequently did the same thing with the other SPAM messages and they transferred to Webmail Inbox and were automaticaaly copied over to my laptop and tablet.

The upshot of this is that I think I now know what to do but no longer have the 'Welcome' message.  Will you please re-send it. Many thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for posting back with the extra information. I've already picked this up with the product manager and we've identified a problem with the mail routing and it's being addressed now. 

Highlighted
2willaston
Chatterbox

Good news and bad news.

I have completed the re-installation of SuperSafe. It was not a straightforward task primarily because towards the end of the process the guidance given in your Q&A sheets bore little relation to what was appearing on-screen. So I had to 'wing it'. Thankfully I was able to do this successfully.

The bad news is that despite the action you took earlier (see your previous post), emails are still being routed into my SPAM folder in Webmail so they are not being copied over. I don't know who is responsible for resolving this issue but someone needs to get a grip - quickly!

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for posting back to let us know. It can take a while to get changes made to the mail system. Hopefully, though it won't be too long. Did you give feedback directly on the help article?