cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to download Super Safe boost on Android.

25 REPLIES 25
Neville S
First Timer

Trying to install super safe boost on two Samsung Galaxy A6 phones. Click on the "install" link, get directed to Play Store and "app not found". Searched Play Store and no sign of the app. So far have chatted to two "technical advisors" who's only advice was to join this community. Found one similar thread with "problem solved" but no details how. Very helpful! Not my idea of how to spend a Saturday sfternoon. Very frustrating!

an1sa_k
Whizz Kid

Me too! The Supersafe boost page does not show anything for android/IOS devices any more. Have they discontinued the app for mobile devices? 

Need help please!

Anisa Khalifa

Anisa Khalifa
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Neville S

Here's the Supersafe Boost download page (Click here).  Normally you select the Operating System and that'll take you to the download site.

However, the links to the android app on PlayStore and the equivalent on iTunes for iOS aren't currently working. So I'll raise this as an issue to the TalkTalk Help & Support team.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

an1sa_k
Whizz Kid

Thank You. I'm just waiting to download security software on my phone.

Anisa Khalifa
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Neville S, I'm just waiting for a reply from Fsecure and the TalkTalk product manager for Fsecure concerning the missing app. I'll post back once I hear from them. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Neville S
First Timer

Thank you.

OCE_Ady

Ok we're aware that the app isn't available and working to get it back as soon as possible. I've asked if we can have and ETA for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

TrickyRansom
First Timer

Hi everyone,

Trying to install on my new Huawei P20 and links still not working. I've tried Playstore and Huawei's own App Store. Any idea of a date that it will be working again?

Does this also mean that the currently installed apps aren't updating properly? They seem to be 

Thanks

OCE_Ady

Hi TrickyRansom, apparently we've made changes to the app to comply with Google's requirements and we're just now waiting for them to put app back on the store. It means we don't have a date, but it shouldn't be long. 

Peter Mc1
First Timer

It would be useful if customer services knew this information, I spent hours trying to explain to them what was happening .. got SSB installed on pc's and laptop but can not get it for my android devices .. very frustrating 😞 thanks for the heads up tho 🙂

OCE_Ady

I've already spoken to the product manager about this on Tuesday when I discovered the same issue. I've reiterated the same to the team now. 

TrickyRansom
First Timer

Hi OCE_Ady,

Any news on a date yet?

Thanks

TrickyRansom

Neville S
First Timer

As I'm currently unable to download the super safe boost to my two android devices and only use  one licence (which is free) for my laptop, I presume I will be entitled to a refund of the £2 a month fee until this problem is sorted? No point paying for something I can't use.

StephenB2
First Timer

I cannot download the app either. We only need it to protect our android devices otherwise no point paying the £2 extra a month! If not solved will be seeking that payment refunded.

OCE_Chris

Hi,

We have no further updates yet, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, we'll let you know when we have any further information 

Chris

Thunder22
First Timer

Hi

Why don't you alert customers that it isn't working on the page where you purchase the boost? I only stumbled on this thread after purchasing and getting nowhere with customer services about why the Android app isn't on the play store. It has been very frustrating.

Please escalate this and get a fix date.

Thanks

Richard42
Chatterbox

Similar problems here after arranging the boost on 24th August. When I contacted TalkTalk and adviser said that 'this problem has only just been identified'. Clearly given the comments in this forum this is not the case. There is no mention of the problem when arranging the boost and e-mails with the instructions are sent out. To make matters worse an e-mail this morning says: 'Make the most of SuperSafe Boost. Protect more devices'.

I spoke again to an adviser this morning who was unable to say when the app would be available. Time to give up on a long connection with TalkTalk innternet and mobiles I think.

OCE_Ady

Hi all, I'm told we're simply waiting for Google to add the app back to Play. They removed the app due to certain terms not meeting their criteria. We're chasing Google regularly to try and get more information as we've made all the changes they requested. 

Richard42
Chatterbox

September 1st and still no sign of this supersafe boost working on android devices.

Spoke again to an advisor today on TalkTalk chat function (technical question). A pleasant and polite advisor, but with no information at all and completely unaware of this problem.

Will now arrange another provider for securing android phones and tablets, and make arrangements to cancel the boost which TalkTalk agreed to provide and seek a refund for any payments charged to my account.

This experience will be very carefully considered when it's time to renew my TalkTalk contract.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Richard42

Google removed the TalkTalk SuperSafe Boost app around 4 weeks ago so it's a real security concern and, very wisely, you need to make sure your android devices are protected.

I really don't know what Google are playing at. Ady tells us that Google required some unspecified changes and those were made but Google still hasn't put the TalkTalk SuperSafe Boost app back into the android PlayStore.

As temporary protection try AVG anti-virus 2018. The app is free and you'll probably get the offer of a free trial of the full advertising-free version for 30 days. 

If you're on the SuperSafe Boost 8 licence for £2/m I'm sure there'll be no question of that being refunded for the 'unprotected' month. And I sincerely hope Google don't delay any longer than that.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. Ady will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer