cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to download Super Safe boost on Android.

9 REPLIES 9
Richard42
Chatterbox

Following problems a month or so back in downloading the supersafe app for android I now find that I am unable to download the app for a Samsung Galaxy tablet. I requested a new link from Talktalk today and clicked on the link to Google playstore. The message received is a warning triangle and 'Your device isn't compatible with this version' and 'This app may not be optimised for your device'.

Please advise.

Richard

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Richard42

SuperSafe Boost is compatible with Android 5 and newer.

Do you know the Android version of your Galaxy Tablet?

Settings > About Tablet > scroll down and find Android version

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Richard42
Chatterbox

Thanks for such a prompt response!

Just checked the android version which is 4.4.4

Richard

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

The SuperSafe support is for Android 5 and above so try updating the OS of the tablet.  It might not update though.

• Connect to Wi-Fi
  • Tap Settings
  • Tap System
  • Tap System Update
  • Tap Download and Install (if it allows)

Richard42
Chatterbox

Thank you but the message says that the latest updates installed so not able to move to a different version.

Appears that I am wasting money by using the TalkTalk supersafe boost if it cannot be used on all of my android devices - not mentioned when I purchased the upgrade!

Regards

Richard

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

The Help Article does specify the compatibility level.

SuperSafe Boost is compatible with Android 5 and newer.

You'll probably find that many security products comparable to SuperSafe Boost no longer support Android 4 variants.

I've just looked at AVG Anti-Virus free and that does still support Android 4.1 and up. I've used the AVG free version and if you're prepared to put up with advertising and nag screens it's ok as a protection against viruses.

Are you ok at deselecting the SuperSafe Boost to go back to the single free installation or would you like me to draw this to the attention of the TalkTalk Community Team for a refund?

Richard42
Chatterbox

Thank you for your help.

Surprised that Talktalk have not developed a usable app for android devices.

Please request cancellation and refund.

Mnay thanks

Richard

ferguson
Community Star

@Richard42 wrote:

Surprised that Talktalk have not developed a usable app for android devices.

Just a couple of thoughts there. First, TalkTalk don't develop security apps, they partner with F-Secure. Second, as operating systems become outdated so support for them disappears, a sad fact of life I'm afraid especially with Android.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

The SuperSafe Boost is developed for the latest android devices and it's just too advanced to be compatible with the older operating system versions. Sorry about that.

I'll draw the TalkTalk Community Team's attention to the fact that it doesn't support your android 4 devices and on your behalf request a refund.

To deselect the 8 device protection:

• Tap My Services (grey header bar)
  • Tap Manage SuperSafe Boost
  • Select Protection for 1 device
  • On the pop-up that appears - Tap Confirm
  • You should receive an email notification

Let me know if that goes through ok as it may not if you've only recently ordered the 8 device protection.

Community Team

Hi Richard,

I can see that Gondola has told you how to deselect the 8 device protection, if you want to discuss a refund could you speak to our Customer Services team

Thanks
Chris