cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Which social media sites can Homesfe block? I can't find any...

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
srbuck
Wizz Kid

I have Homesafe set to block social media sites, yet my kids tell me they can access all sites at will. Not good - you're playing with my kids' safety.

Pls tell me which sites it will actaully block? You say you can't block any sites starting with https, but they all appear to start with that, so I'd like some examples and explanation, please?

Also, you first told me you were working on a solution to this probmem over 5 yrs ago, but it still won't block Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter etc etc. Why do you say you are fixing it, when years later it transpires that you obviouslywere not??

Can't believe you call it "award-winning", when it patently does not work and also puts our kids at risk.

Community Team

Hi srbuck, I'm delighted to tell you that you've been moved onto the new homesafe system. With the new system we can block secure sites. As you're saying it's not working I suspect you're using a non TalkTalk DNS. You will need to change that to the TalkTalk DNS in order to benefit from HomeSafe. If you've got the TT DNS on your router and all devices let me know which sites you can't block and we'll investigate this for you.

srbuck
Wizz Kid

Thanks - seems to be working now.

SB

Community Team

That's fantastic. Please let me know what you think of the new product when you've had time to give it a good trial.

srbuck
Wizz Kid

Does it block Snapchat?

Kids can still get on it, even when I tick the Block Social Media box...

Community Team

I need to collect as much information as possible for the support team, so to be clear your kids are using snapchat on their mobile devices and have their phones set to connect to TT wireless using TT DNS servers and it's not blocking snapchat? There's no chance they're using mobile data or have set their devices to use non TT DNS is there?

srbuck
Wizz Kid

Thks - I think I've now found a way to make it work - I'll keep you posted if not.

Community Team

I hope you've got it sorted. Please do let us know you tactics may help another user crack the same issue.