would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fsecure installation

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
bozo the doop
First Timer

I had fsecure installed & running no prob. My windows automatically updated & fsecure stopped working. After about a dozen phone calls & being passed from one clueless person to another. I was told to post on this site which I did.

These supposedly help & support people told me to try a number of things including clearing the windows & internet cashe & paying extra for my free fsecure !

I recieved a message from OCE Ady to use the fsecure removal tool.Which I have done before to no avail & I have done so again also to no avail.

The problem remains the same the fsecure installer gets to 98%-99% then crashes & suggests a reeboot & reebooting does nothing.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @bozo the doop 

To get an environment for a successful SuperSafe Boost installation I would run through this checklist.

• Uninstall other anti-virus software using the provider's full removal tools
    Reboot the computer
  • Uninstall Supersafe Boost using the F-Secure full removal tool
    Reboot the computer
  • Roll-back the most recent Windows update and go through the Windows update process again
    Reboot the computer
  • Check Windows Update History for a successful installation
    Download, install and run Malwarebytes
    Reboot the computer
  • Disable Windows Defender
    Check Windows Security Settings > Security Providers
  • Sign in to your SuperSafe Boost account
    Release the licence for your device
    Allocate a new licence for your device and
    Reinstall SuperSafe Boost
 Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi bozo the doop,

How are you getting on, has Gondolas advice helped?

Chris

Highlighted
bozo the doop
First Timer

Hi & thank you to those who responded to my original post on this issue This is my original post again :-

I had supersafe working on my system with no issues. my windows 7 was set download & update automatically. Windows updated & supersafe stopped working. I released the licence & re-download the exe file again. I ran the exe file & it removed the existing supersafe. It downloaded the files but crashed at 99%. I have tried it a number of times but it always crashes at 99%. I can find no sign of fsecure or supersafe on my system apart from the exe set up file.

I have tried to speak with talk talk a complete waste of time in fact they have tried to charge me for the free supersafe boost which comes with the package.They just keep passing me around & wanting me to go through the same process time & again.anyone any ideas ?

So many thanks to Gondola, Chris & Stephen for their time & trouble in responding to my issue.

Briefly I am not exactly computer illiterate as I have in the past done City & Guilds courses for installation/maintenance etc on comps & I used to scratch build desktops to order & enable all the hardware, firmware & software.

This is how it is & what I have done to resolve my issue :-

I originally had Supersafe/F secure working for months with no installation or other issues. So the original software on my pc did not interfere with installation.or running the original Supersafe/F secure

I have run the Supersafe/F secure removal tool & the set up exe file still crashes at 99%

I have rolled back the windows software to the point of the original installation so the updates which may have caused the original Supersafe/F secure to stop working are gone & the set up exe file still crashes at 99%

I have done a manual search of the entire system including the registry & the original Supersafe/F secure is no longer on my system, in fact there is no Supersafe/F secure at all on my system inc the temp set up files from subsequent failed installations

I have released the original license so my account on talk talk says that no computer is registered for Supersafe/F secure

Since my last failed attempt to install Supersafe/F secure I have had the system checked & I have no malware, virus, trojan or other bugs on my system & Supersafe/F secure set up exe still crashes at 99%

I have tried various combinations of all the above & Supersafe/F secure set up exe still crashes at 99%

I also have another machine which runs vista & according to Supersafe/F secure set up exe vista is not supported ?

Apparently F Secure have changed the original Supersafe/F secure set up exe file as I have had the message that there was a newer version of the Supersafe/F Secure set up exe file on my system when I tried to run the original Supersafe/F secure set up exe file during one of the failed installations. So this newer version of the Supersafe/F secure set up exe file may be the issue.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @bozo the doop 

The SuperSafe Boost install will fail if there's a trace of a previous installation of SuperSafe or any other anti-virus / Internet security product.

The troubleshooting of the issue is exactly as I set out in post 2.

• Identify all previously installed security products
    (include trial and uninstalled products)
  • Download and run manufacturer's removal tools for these products
  • Sign in to your Supersafe Boost account
  • Release the licence for your device
  • Allocate a new licence and install a fresh copy of SuperSafe Boost

Highlighted
bozo the doop
First Timer

i have already carried out your suggestion & it didn't work ! I have also done more. As I said in my post I returned the pc to the state before I installed the original super safe/f secure & the new updated f secure installation exe file crashes the installation process at 99%. Having returned the pc to the earlier state there is no possibility of any software installed after this state existing on the pc. As I have also said that the new f secure installation exe file will not work on windows vista. Talk talk entered into a contract with me. Part of this contract includes a security software package. When this contract was taken out no mention was made by talk talk that the security software package would not work on certain platforms. Therefore talk talk must provide a usable security package for whichever machine or software platform I choose to use regardless of whether it is classed as ' free ' or not as it is included in my contract with them. Therefore as I have followed your solution to this issue to no avail I suggest that this be referred to the next level.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @bozo the doop 

SuperSafe Boost is not supported on Windows Vista.  Support ended at around the same time that Microsoft ended support for Vista. The article Problems with SuperSafe Boost gives the compatibility as Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 (SP1).  You said in your first post you were using Windows 7 so that is supported if at least updated with SP1. Be aware that Windows 7 support from Microsoft ends on January 14 2020.  Likely that SuperSafe Boost will not be supported after Microsoft support ceases.

@bozo the doop wrote:...Therefore talk talk must provide a usable security package for whichever machine or software platform I choose to use regardless of whether it is classed as ' free ' or not as it is included in my contract with them. Therefore as I have followed your solution to this issue to no avail I suggest that this be referred to the next level.

Neither the supplier of the SuperSafe Boost software nor Microsoft support Windows Vista. But I have escalated your request to the TalkTalk Community team to see their response.

You may wish to raise a formal complaint because TalkTalk does not support whichever machine or software platform you choose, so here's How do I make a complaint? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi bozo the doop, Gondola is spot on with all the advice given. Your software manufacturer no longer supports the product you're using. This means it's not possible for us to offer support for that product as they won't support our developers in the same way that they won't support you.