kid safe

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Yingying
First Timer

Hi,

I am new to kids safe.  I have two questions,

1. if I turn on kids safe to block some websites in order to stop my kids accessing them, how can I access those websites myself without turning the kids safe function off again?

2.  It looks like quite a number of people posting issues of home safe service here.  This really put me off from using it.  Do we have any statistics what is the proportion of people using homesafe without any issues to those having issues?  If it creates more problems than it solves, then, better stay away.

Thanks

******* Not Solved as of 29/10/2015 - eebdsirhc ***********

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

If you block sites, you block them for everyone, it is not selective in that way. I think "homework" time will work in the same way.

There have recenty been some issues with Homesafe (although not too many very recently) where homesafe was not following the chosen settings correctly. This was a line issue which could quite often be corrected by a user reset and if that didn't work a reset from the exchange end would be required.

I would be surprised if any statistics of the sort you ask for are available.

But maybe scale is important, TT have over 4 million residential accounts, everyone of those users could be using Homesafe - my understanding is that for any new user (for the last few months) the default is now to have homesafe enabled.

Compare those numbers against the number of people reporting problems and I think it will show a very small percentage.

Yingying
First Timer

Hi,

Thanks.  If the exchange ends need a reset, what does a user needs to do? 

Yingying
First Timer

Also, one more question, my account is out of service for a number of days now, I cannot access the home safe.  When (estimated) will this be up or can we sent an email to customer service in the mean time?

I try to call the customer service, but they only have a voice message saying you can change the setting by loggin on the my account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The help desks only seem to know how things work in the ideal world, i.e. when they are working.

I will flag this up for the OCE's (the TT technical staff on these forums) and they will raise a request to the network team to reset your line.

"My Account" is down for everyone. But that probably doesn't matter in this instance. Homesafe will either work or not. You shouldn't have to change any parameters in your "My Account" settings.

Obviously things at TalkTalk are a bit hectic at the moment and getting the Network Team can usually take a few days.

Just repost on this thread in a few days time saying if it has worked or not - the OCE's can always chase the Networks teams.

p.s. To answer your other question - what does the user have to do - now the request is being raised nothing you need to do other then wait for your line to be reset. And that is all down to TalkTalk now.

Community Team

Hi Yingying, although MyAccount is down for the time being and we don't have an estimated date for it's return I can look at your Homesafe settings and change them if you need me to. Please  update your community profile to include your full name, landline and mobile number, so that I can help.

To add your details you click on MY SETTINGS above the thread in blue then choose PERSONAL INFORMATION after adding your details  click save changes at the bottom of the page.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Yingying
First Timer

Hi,

I have updated my profile. Is my data safe here and not to be shared to the public?

Just one clarification.  I have never set them up, including supersafe boost.  What are the settings I can choose and can you contact me directly or via my email (not the talktalk email) to discuss as I do not want to publish what setting I would like in this forum? 

Also, is this super safe boost work the same way as the anti-virus software? for example, when I download a file, it will scan and check if there is any virus here.

Thanks,

Yasmin

Community Team

Hi Yasmin, looking at what you need in terms of config and privacy it might be best to contact one of our livechat agents who will be able to set it up with as you go through it with them. You can't setup super safe unless you've already downloaded that as you need MyAccount to download it. If you hover on the how do I use Homesafe help article you should get a window pop up inviting you into Live chat. The advisor will be able to help.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Gerryash
First Timer

I switched on my laptop today and found out i have kids safe on it 

i dont want it on i have no kids in fact i never switched it on can someone switch it off

janey8864
First Timer

I have never used kids safe because i have no children in my household but today i have tried to access websites and they are blocked due to kids safe. Checked my talktalk account and its not ticked for it. Spoke to talktalk today & apparently its an on going issue that still has not been resolved. Not happy at all and i will not be renewing my contract in April as ther is always something going wrong with this company.

@Yingyingwrote:

Hi,

I am new to kids safe.  I have two questions,

1. if I turn on kids safe to block some websites in order to stop my kids accessing them, how can I access those websites myself without turning the kids safe function off again?

2.  It looks like quite a number of people posting issues of home safe service here.  This really put me off from using it.  Do we have any statistics what is the proportion of people using homesafe without any issues to those having issues?  If it creates more problems than it solves, then, better stay away.

Thanks

******* Not Solved as of 29/10/2015 - eebdsirhc ***********