Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

An adventure with Talk Talk

4 REPLIES 4
TylerE816
First Timer

Avoid this company like the plague. They are cheap, the internet isn't half bad but the customer service is terrible.
Live chat is laughable, just had a conversation with "Wendy" and have been lied to into trying to renew an 18 month contract.

If you are happy with terrible customer service these guys are the way forward, if you would like to read my story please continue;

Went on live chat to check how long was left on my account
Adviser tries to offer me a new deal "Doubling" my internet speed and giving me a 50% discount on the router! all for a lower monthly line rental (good deal right? Got me sitting here clapping my hands like Charlie Brown during a piano solo PLOT TWIST) the internet speed she is proposing to put me on is the same one i'm on at the moment, Also the router I am getting 50% off I already own! and don't need a new one. If i hadn't of questioned what she was telling me I would have had no idea! (Outrage mode activated)

Moral of the story for part 1 - make sure you know what you are signing up for!

Now for act 2, Shakespeare would be proud!
Decide I will contact customer services to speak with a manager, as in my option Wendy's actions here are inexcusable. Enter "Russ"
Russ is a nice guy, here to help, to comfort and was a very good listener (AUDIENCE - Awwww). After explaining my displeasure of being lied to Russ went on to explain that although there was no record of this conversation ever taking place and the only contact he could see occurring was the telephone call we had, he believed me......
How nice Russ, you really are a trusting guy, Russ wasn't aware of the fact that I was armed and ready like Iron man staring down the barrel of an Avengers level Bazooka! After I then went on to explain (Without going into too much detail) that the adviser I got through to prior to speaking with him already confirmed she could see the conversation and that a web chat adviser was the one who logged the complaint he was responding to he then found the notes on the system.
At this point in the story I get the idea that Russ is digging himself a hole, armed with his headset and a shovel I let him have at it.
Through some stumbling and excuses his resolution was that feedback would be provided to "Wendy" and training would be provided, and that all Wendy wanted to do was help me....

There is one thing that haunts me, how many people wouldn't have questioned the additional charges and sales tactics of Wendy? How many people have already fell victim?
Will her reign of tyranny ever come to an end? Or will continuing amounts of customers fall victim to Wendy's ways? If I cant protect the customers, you can be damned sure I will avenge them!

I hope you have enjoyed my story of woe and I hope someone in Talk Talk picks up on this and causes some type of change in how they treat there customers.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @TylerE816 

Welcome to Community.

 By Grabthar's hammer the customers shall be avenged.  

Thank goodness you're on board as the customer's champion. But what we really, really want to know is did you change to a better deal? Or did you let Wendy win?

Never give in. Never surrender.  

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

TylerE816
First Timer

I am not so easily swayed! I have left it as is and am currently weighing up my options! 

Gondola
Community Star

...and you've already made a good point which is to know what deal you're on and what deal you're being offered.

I'd add, to know how the offer compares to others in its entirety - not just the headline broadband and line rental.

There are only two options:

1. Negotiate a great deal and stay
  2. Leave

TalkTalk has already said it'll not buy customers at any price so it does expect lower end price customers to leave. 

But TalkTalk also has wholesale customers in the lower price bracket that it still makes a profit out of. Post Office customers, for example, although we do know the Post Office is looking to renew its wholesale contract presumably at an even lower price point.

Look around Community and you'll find some really savvy deal negotiators that have got great renewal deals. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

TTsucks1

for lower value service i'd expect 'lower end price customers'