cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Community hard to navigate. - or is it just me.

5 REPLIES 5
GBy123
Wizz Kid

I really cannot get my head round this new 'Community'.   I find it really really hard to get where I want to be, then make a post to the right place.    I can only assume I am being thick - I do manage to make several posts, but not sure how I get where.   It is really clumsy finding a way round the site.   Is it just me, or do others find the same thing.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @GBy123

I find the easiest way to navigate from wherever you are in Community is to use the yellow Browse tab on the left. That takes you to all the main posting points.

Top centre is the search box if you want to find Best Answers for existing issues. But for individual help always Start a Topic by pressing the blue Start a Topic button top left of the existing posts in Community that you'll find by scrolling down when you land on the posts page from the Browse tab.

Above the search box is a grey header bar with key things like Service Status for major faults and there's Latest Posts to see what others are posting about right now and right in the centre is Help with your Service for individual help in the various aspects of your service from TalkTalk.

If there's anything in particular I can help you with just @mention me in a post.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

rabadab
Chatterbox

It's a waste of time. I feel I'm just being used. It took me ages to try and post a question about a problem I have with silent calls and the call barring system not accepting the numbers that phoned me as valid telephone numbers.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @rabadab

In only a few minutes you've already received your first reply to your call blocking query. Click here to see that reply (from me!).

Delaney
Conversation Starter

I cannot find where or how to post a question....absolutely ridiculously difficult

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Delaney

The Start a Topic blue button is always top left of the list of posts in each main forum.  But here's some short-cuts.

To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Broadband) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Fibre Broadband) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (TalkTalk TV) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Billing) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Home Phone) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Mobile) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Email & Webmail) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (HomeSafe & SuperSafe Boost) Click here.

Importantly, do check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's (TalkTalk team) will then be able to link your new topic, and a request for help, to your TalkTalk service account.