Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Confused!

11 REPLIES 11
Gliwmaeden2
Wise Owl

I don't understand why the badge system says I passed the 100 likes milestone back in March but the "likes" total in my profile shows 41 ... For what it's worth, it would be nice to see some consistency! Or is it plus 41 since the 100? No idea how this works!

Also can't see what the 2 notifications are for beside my name just now. Nothing opens to reveal any messages etc.

Still finding the new format hard to navigate - much preferred not having to sign in. I lose the will to live having to scroll through latest posts instead of the old yellow tab being accessible all the time.

😞

Gliwmaeden2
Gliwmaeden2
Wise Owl

Solved the notifications mystery by guesswork.

Couldn't edit the post on my smartphone just now, and sometimes it sends when I haven't touched the screen, before I've sorted rubbish spelling etc!

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Gliwmaeden2

There is an issue with the 'Likes' count in Community.  It'll be put right in due course. 

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Gliwmaeden2
Wise Owl

Now, when I sign in they insincerely ask me where I have been recently and that they were worried that they hadn't heard from me.

If they had been signing in themselves they would know I had been posting about getting lost in the new community forum layout .....maybe "they" have got lost in the labyrinth too... !

Or maybe just don't bother posting insincere notices like that, TT, which have obviously not been fine tuned to the particular customer.

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

Hey Gondola,

We’re starting to get worried, where have you been?  Yes... you have to have a sense of amazement around here.  I'm sure, if we ask, we'll be reassured that it's all to make us feel good to be back and that we've been truly madly deeply missed by our fellow members. I would have hoped to see a different message for members signing in more than once a week though.

How would you welcome more frequent returning members?

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

Now, when I sign in they insincerely ask me where I have been recently and that they were worried that they hadn't heard from me.

Ha, I've been getting that as well @Gliwmaeden2, like it's any of their business - whoever they are!  Do I also get a badge?

Highlighted
Gliwmaeden2
Wise Owl

Possibly something like "Glad to see we haven't frightened you off, despite our somewhat chaotic refurbishment. For your loyalty throughout this trying and difficult period we will now give you free anytime phone calls for life, no ifs, no buts!" 🙂

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

...the first bit I like so I've given you 2 'Likes'. The logins have gone up from 3.5k to nearly 4.5k so Community is back up to the numbers regularly active earlier in the year.

The Community team are looking to get more involvement from all members, so maybe we'll see prizes and rewards for involvement that all members can aim for. Negotiating on the Anytime UK Calls Boost, as you know, is always something for TalkTalk customers to aim for when talking to the Loyalty team.

But I do hope that TalkTalk Sales and Marketing have taken on board that Now Broadband are offering £15 Broadband deals and were offering Free Anytime UK Calls for as long as you remain a Now Broadband customer.  The Free calls offer didn't seem to be available for very long.

Gliwmaeden2
Wise Owl

Thanks, Gondola. However the increase in logins may well stem from the fact that it is the only way to easily navigate the forum, so not a figure that compares convincingly with previous usage patterns. In fact the whole thing smacks much more of a "Big Brother" approach by TT towards its customers searching for help. I really am NOT convinced that the exercise has been an improvement from the customers'  point of view! (I'm making the customers plural here... But, OK maybe it's just me....!)

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

The Browse tab is relatively new and even after its introduction I still used the Forum link on the header bar to hit the main forum index. 

That forum index is still available but now via the Home link on the header bar and then the big blue Go to Forum button or Community icon. Navigating from there it's just like the Browse tab selecting the forum / board etc.  I use that when logged out.

But I'm like you, when logged in, as I also regularly use the Browse tab as that's populated with all the links to the site.

Gliwmaeden2
Wise Owl

Thanks - managed a little better just now with that guidance. However it still seems to require far more steps to get to any specific part of the forum while logged out compared with its immediate predecessor. I think there have been a few evolutionary changes worked in over the past few days. I'd tried some of those procedures before but with different results, i.e. less success. Maybe there's hope they'll crack a workable website if they keep at it. I won't give up on them just yet (old softy at heart! 🙂 ).

Gliwmaeden2
TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

However the increase in logins may well stem from the fact that it is the only way to easily navigate the forum ...............

That would certainly be the case as far as I'm concerned Gliwmaeden2, so, no, it's not just you!