Did you mean: 
Need help?

Deleting old Community Account

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
DonMac
Participant

Hello,

I have just rejoined Talktalk after spending a few years with other ISPs.

I had an old Community account with the username Dmac, which I can't now sign into because the username is less than 5 characters. (I was able to get an email to reset the password, which confirmed my username).

The problem this causes is that I can't use my proper email address for my Community account now. I have had to create this account.

Could I please get my old account deleted so that I can use my real email address?

Regards

Don
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @DonMac 

I have a suggestion. If the TalkTalk Community Team changed the Dmac login to another name of your choice (Dmac_) say, then you could resume using that member name under a new name...but with the email address as before... if you see what I mean.

They'll need to change it anyway to enable you to login and replace the email address should you wish to keep DonMac and then you've got the ability, should you choose, to close the old Community profile in My Settings > Personal Profile > Close Account.  Or if you keep the renamed old membership you can close this DonMac account and it'll become 'Anonymous'.

I'll ask the TalkTalk Team to pick up this topic and to help you. They'll need to verify some details with you, related to the Dmac member account, and will probably ask you to Private Message those details in due course. They'll be back online from Monday onwards.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

DonMac
Participant

Thanks Gondola, that sounds like exactly what I'm after.

Regards

Don
Community Team

Hi DonMac

If you can drop me a PM with the registered email address for the Dmac user, and what you would like this to be changed to, I can action this for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

DonMac
Participant

Thanks guys, it's all sorted now. I have just one account, with the correct email address.

Gondola, I'd give you a "Best Answer", but there's no button on your post 😞.

Don

Regards

Don
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Don

Should be a Best Answer black button to the left of the Reply button below my post.

But no worries. It's the thought that counts and I'm pleased that Karl has swiftly managed the name change for you.

DonMac
Participant

Nope, not showing I'm afraid (nor is it on the three dot menu).

Sorry, all I can do is a couple of thumbs up...

Regards

Don
Gondola
Community Star

...Just to see if the Best Answer button missing is a function of not being there just on the Introductions forum I've temporarily moved this to the Billing forum.

DonMac
Participant

Looks like that was it...

Regards

Don
Gondola
Community Star

...Moved the topic back to the Introductions forum and although the Best Answer is there it's linked but semi-hidden. 

One of the 'hidden' secrets of Community?  Best Answers are not expected on the Introductions board?  I guess Stephen has got it set up that way.  I'll ask.

We normally do move requests for help to the Help with your Service forums or to the Lounge for non-TalkTalk service topics.  Best answers are there to help other members get the benefit of successful help to any other member.

Bottom line is I'm pleased that you had a successful outcome. Enjoy your evening.