Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Goodbye Everyone!

5 REPLIES
Chrisbish92
Wise Owl

After what's probably been 10+ years with TalkTalk it's now time for me to wave farewell..

During this time the service has been spot on, possibly only 2 outages.

Always good consistant speeds and truely unlimited downloads (Trust me I'm probably the biggest user haha)

Sadly it seems no matter how long you've been a customer, they only really care about new business.

I'm paying 3 times the price of a new customer.. It's almost at the point I could put a leased line in and make it more cost effective -_-

I'd like to thank the community on these forums for giving at least some positive feelings about TT. (Community mods and the Forum Staff you do an amazing job)

I've met some great people, with some friendships continuing outside of these forums.

I hope my ping remains as low as it has done - but im looking forward to having a static IP after TalkTalk denying me for the last 6 years.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

<3 Chris B

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Chrisbish92

So long... you're welcome to all the fish... but did nobody tell you about the TalkTalk Loyalty Team that do a great job of providing existing customers with deals that are equal to and often better than offered to new customers? (excluding cashback or equivalent offers that come from some intermediaries).

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Chrisbish92
Wise Owl
Lets just say until they got the transfer request from the new provider... they weren't interested.
Which is understandable, no love lost.

Onwards and upwards :)
Gondola
Community Star

...the thing is you can go to the TalkTalk Loyalty Team at any time after the first 30 days on a contract and if the new customer offer price is lower than your existing price just ask them to renew your contract at the lower price. 

But it's up to you, the customer, to be pro-active as TalkTalk cannot just renew you automatically onto a lower fixed price as it's a fixed term deal and that isn't always suitable for everyone.

You'll find that this ability to renew mid-contract onto a better deal saving money isn't on offer with any other provider. But good luck all the same.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team
Hi Chrisbish92

I'm really sorry to hear this.

It would be worth contacting our Loyalty Team again to see what they can offer.

Thanks

Debbie
Highlighted
Alice73
Sightseer

Same with all companies I'm afraid I have been with Sky over 25 years and it means nothing!  So I'm leaving at last....