would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Google pop up Ads

4 REPLIES 4
JayKay1
Chat Champion

Is this just me?

For a while now Google pop up ads have been appearing at the bottom centre of my screen every time I log onto a community topic. I close the ad but a new one soon appears.

The ads are not at the side or the top of the page, but appear over the the main text. 

This is intesly annoyinb and frustrating

It happens only on TalkTalk community site and no other site I visit

I have tried several browsers, all with "pop up block" activated but the ads still appear.

It is so bad I am cosidering leaving the community 

Any advice?

JayKay1
Chat Champion

I attach a screen shot showing one of the annoying ads

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @JayKay1

I've been trialling the use of Ghostery ad-blocker add-on with Firefox browser.  So far, no adverse effects and the trial of advertising in Community is effectively blocked so that I can concentrate on replies to Community members.

It also blocks advertising in TalkTalk Webmail.

Firefox > Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

JayKay1
Chat Champion

Thanks Gondola, I have downloaded Ghostery ad-blocker and the (very) early results are promissing :thumbsup:

I wouldnt have minded as much if the ads had been on the side/top of the page, but to obscure the webpage text was so annoying

Cheers

JayKay1

Gondola
Community Star

...and just a heads-up that if you use the browser for general Internet browsing you will inevitably come across sites that rely on advertising for revenue and you'll get a pop-up or webpage content asking you to disable the blocker.

You can use the ghostery dashboard to pause and resume at will and set sites as trusted sites etc. Nicely flexible to use on the fly.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer