cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I create a new topic

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

As ever with TalkTalk the issues are ignored. It's a poor website and needs dealing with. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. It's badly laid out.

Gondola
Community Star

@Hughmoz wrote:...You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear...

Definition: Impossible to make any changes that will satisfy you. I think we worked that one out some time ago. But it was fun chatting to see if anything would satisfy you. We have the answer now. Thanks for your time.

See you on Twitter!

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

This is unfortunately how TalkTalk respond all the time. TalkTalk is stuck with delusions of adequacy, but refuse to see it. TalkTalk are the problem, but plough on regardless of how many customers desert them or, tell them that things are poor.

This is so TalkTalk. The basic design needs changing and not simply justifying!

And, I would never use Twitter. 🙂

Good talking to you as well

px03afk
Wizz Kid

@ferguson wrote:

I am making no assumptions. You seem to be the one assuming that because you have had an issue finding your way around the forums that others also do, some might, but most don’t seem to. And assistance is always at hand for anyone who is lost.

I would be interested to know how you come to the conclusion that 'most don't have an issue finding their way around the forum'.  There may be many people who have so much trouble finding their way around that they give up and you would therefore never know how much problem they have.  The fact that some of those who have contributed to this thread are saying that things are wrong may be a better indication that there really is a problem.

I am making no assumptions. You seem to be the one assuming that because you have had an issue finding your way around the forums that others also do, some might, but most don’t seem to. And assistance is always at hand for anyone who is lost.

ferguson
Community Star

@px03afk wrote:

The fact that some of those who have contributed to this thread are saying that things are wrong may be a better indication that there really is a problem.

I don't want to tempt fate here, but I think the fact that over the long life of this topic the grand sum of four people have expressed any degree of support is a better indication of the level of the "problem."

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Maybe a lot of people like hanging out on a forum. I would imagine that most people only come on to find an answer when things are wrong on their phone, emails, broadband etc., and some because they have elected to follow threads, and others because, they want to be stars. There are helpful people in this community, but TalkTalk seem fairly absent and just let everyone waste a lot of time trying to sort out problems on the whole caused by TalkTalk.

ferguson
Community Star

@Hughmoz wrote:

Maybe a lot of people like hanging out on a forum. I would imagine that most people only come on to find an answer when things are wrong on their phone, emails, broadband etc., and some because they have elected to follow threads, and others because, they want to be stars. There are helpful people in this community, but TalkTalk seem fairly absent and just let everyone waste a lot of time trying to sort out problems on the whole caused by TalkTalk.

Which really betrays more about your general view of TalkTalk, to which you are of course entitled, rather than anything constructive about the forums. Which do palpably help hundreds of people, day in and day out. 

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

It's a point of view, however, not necessarily true. I have made a lot of  constructive comments about improving the forum, but the Stars are biased and not interested as, they have invested a lot of time in getting where they are. 🙂

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @Hughmoz . And that nails it completely. This largely reflects my experience on this 'Community' over the past year (although to be fair I have received some great advice, too).  I would award you a 'like', but I don't think you'd appreciate it, and anyway I abhor this childish rubbish of counting numbers of posts, badges (what?) and 'likes'.  None of it makes any difference to TT in any event.  

Keep the faith!

Regards

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Hi @Muddymedic   Of course I'd like a like, but am not dependent on them. I've given you one anyway, and thanks for a supportive post. 🙂

Community Team

Hi All, 

I think this is getting a little off topic now as the original post was about the Topic button 🙂

As someone said, you can't please all people all of the time, and some may like the forum, some may not, but we do try to make the community as easy as possible.

If you look at the community layouts for some of the other big ISP's you will see the layout is similar, although the Topic button may be labelled differently.  For example in one it is labelled simply as 'NEW',  in another it is labelled as 'post a question', and in another it is labelled as 'post' etc 

Our community manager does listen to customer feedback and work with our platform vendor to try to make the layout as intuitive as possible, but there will always be some that like it and some that don't, and I think we just have to accept this.  You just can't please all people all the time.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Sorry that I did not reply before. I have no idea how to mock up things I'm afraid. I just feel that good design involves common sense and there is little evidence at TalkTalk of such a thing. Anybody coming onto the forum who is not really computer savvy would give up immediately. Unless people are fairly computer savvy the chance of navigating around the forum is low and I have a lot of experience on the internet and forums over 20 years and this forum is probably the worst that I have ever come across. I realise that it's complicated because, there are multiple problems created by TalkTalk, nevertheless it is poorly organised.