Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I search?

3 REPLIES 3
Folbo
First Timer

I have joined this forum to find answers after being fustrated by TT support.

I can see a search, but it searches 'articles' and not the forum. It does not have a forum option (!!!).

I can search ... get the articles ... add in forums ... remove articles ... and then cannot seem to refine the search results.

When I search from outside of the forums, e.g. Bing, I am getting blocked by this site ... needing to login (again) and then seeing this: 

Access Denied
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Folbo

In the PC version of Community there's a drop down menu box for the search.  It defaults to Articles (Help articles) but you can select Whole site.

Search.png

In the mobile version just put in your search item and refine by selecting Forums, Blogs, Ideas etc.

If you do an external Google search you will sometimes get a cached search that's not currently active on Community so you get the Access Denied message. You can see the Google cache by selecting the arrow at the end of the google summary.

Hope this helps.

If you'd like the TalkTalk Community Team to offer individual help I find it's best to Start a Topic of your own.  Community works best with one topic, one owner, one answer.

The Start a Topic blue button is top left of each forum preceeding all the current posts.

For example: To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Broadband) Click here.

Importantly, do check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's (TalkTalk team) will then be able to link your new topic, and a request for help, to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Folbo
First Timer

Thank you. That is what I feared ... no effective search. I cannot edit terms without starting again, and each time that I start again I have to go through the whole mcircus of applying the forum filter ... wow!

As to the SE buffering, no other service has this problem ... nor to a majority require login before reading ... only login before posting.

Is the old UI still available? No badges ... no likes ... no fakebook wanna be ... just answers.

Gondola
Community Star

@Folbo wrote: ... no effective search. I cannot edit terms without starting again, and each time that I start again I have to go through the whole mcircus of applying the forum filter ... wow!

Yes, that's the search that's been provided.  And filtering answers isn't the best in the world. So it can only get better from here.

@Folbo wrote: As to the SE buffering, no other service has this problem ... nor to a majority require login before reading ... only login before posting.

SE buffering is what exactly?  You can browse Community without login. Home > Community and browse forums from there.

@Folbo wrote: Is the old UI still available? No badges ... no likes ... no fakebook wanna be ... just answers.

Old UI? No.  Badges? Just ignore them. Likes? You can turn off in your Community Settings.

Answers? Post your question and 6,000 members logging in each day can offer you answers. TalkTalk Community Team are also on hand to provide Help with Your TalkTalk Service.

Hope this helps.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer