Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I'm an existing member

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to sign in but my old Forum name is not recognised and so I have re registered as a new member. I would prefer my old account - how can I retrieve it?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Anonymous 

When you say you've tried to sign in with the former username have you searched to make sure the old Forum name still exists?  Search bar, top centre of this page, select the drop down box titled Articles and then select Members and enter the username search in the white box.

And if it does have you tried a password recovery via the email account that you originally used to register that Forum name?

If the email address is not available to you just check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the former Forum name to Private notes together with the former email address and a new email address to be used in its place and then save changes.

The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to reset the email address (assuming it's not the same as used for this Community membership) so you can reset the password of the former Forum username.

I'll alert the TalkTalk team for you.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I have searched for what I think may have been my previous Forum name but haven't found it.

I have added information to my Profile as you suggested. 

I should mention that I did have a number of Posts on my earlier forum membership.

I will await any further progress with interest.

Thank you

Gondola
Community Star

...There's a wilmslowwarrior that has 4 posts but all now archived offline. Joined on 12 Sep 2008 and last online 4 years ago.

Is that your alter-ego?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I checked this one - it's not me.

Gondola
Community Star

...worth a try... looked like a promising match for a warrior guarding at bridge at Wilmslow!

Hopefully the Community team can search by real name or address if you think you added those to the original Community member registration.

But I'm warming to the WilmslowBridge username!

Community Team

Hi

I did find the username beechwood, not used since 2017, but the phone numbers are the same as your current profile obviously just a different email address. 

Can you see if you are able to reset the password for this username - if you have access to the email address.

Thanks

Karl. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

I think WilmslowBridge is the most likely as I used that several times after I started playing bridge on line.

My notes gave my user name as either Benster or alan@benster.co.uk, but neither of these worked this time.

How do I arrange for the Community team to search, as you suggest?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Karl

I have reset my password using beechwood as a user name. I now get a web page saying "You need to re-authenticate for the following reasons", but I can't see any reasons.

It does keep asking for my password and he same web site repeatedly appears.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just seen a message from OCE Karl to which I have replied.

Community Team

Hi

After resetting the password, close down your browser fully and then reopen - give it 5 minutes,  and try again, and see if this does the same thing.

Thanks

Karl. 

beechwood
Chat Champion

Thank you

At last! You found my old account - beechwood - I have logged into it with a new password.

I will use this in future - what happens to the new WilmslowBridge?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @beechwood 

And just when WilmslowBridge was getting into his stride!  RIP WilmslowBridge. Long live beechwood.

If you sign in to the WilmslowBridge member name and go to the Personal Profile you'll see a drop down menu starting with Email and in that there's a Close Account option.  Just select and confirm and the temporary username will disappear.

Welcome back beechwood.

beechwood
Chat Champion

All complete now. Many thanks Karl for al your help.

beechwood
Chat Champion

All complete now. Many thanks Karl for all your help.

Community Team