Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Introduction

Highlighted
UFO Support

Apologies for the late reply Gondola. 

Spot on the above, though their £20 compensation one is a bit interesting - if you read the terms and conditions on how it can be claimed, they haven't explicitly mentioned how it will be treated for customers with older devices or places where the in home environment can have an impact to the wireless speeds. We suspect they will be using the sync speeds coming on the router to challenge the customer.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

Community Star

Hi Farhan

BT Ultrafast Speed Guarantee Terms and Conditions

Yes, there are hoops to jump through. Capped at 4 claims a year and they may send an Openreach engineer (who may claim there's no fault on the line so that's a possible £129 customer charge!). But assuming the router is at the Test Socket (for g.Fast) or the Optical Network Termination equivalent of the Test Socket for FTTP in accord with the BT terms and conditions the customer is being offered a reassurance that speeds will be at least above the minimum 100Mbps carried out with the BT speed-checker.  They don't mention access line speed or sync speed which is interesting.

The TalkTalk minimum guaranteed line speed of 90Mbps (for the g.Fast trial) is an access line speed or sync speed as reported by the router.

I'm still very keen to see Openreach drop FTTP (+ simultaneous provide) prices further. But Openreach offering the same introductory prices for both g.Fast and FTTP has filtered through to BT Retail also offering the same prices for g.Fast and FTTP Ultrafast products. Inevitably they'll be capturing more customers with this move.

As you know, I'm still keen on TalkTalk also reselling a range of FTTP products so we have consumer choice on full fibre and the ability to stay with TalkTalk on speeds greater than LLU ADSL2+ can offer.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
UFO Support

Hi Gondola,

Ours (and I'm presuming in BT's case as well) it is the sync speed on the router. BT have started the new above the line push with an one box setup, though some of the old trialists are on the old two box setup.

On the FTTP package, in principle BT have renamed Infinity 3 and Infinity 4 packages to the new Ultrafast 1 and 2 package respectively. So, regardless if you live in a G.fast or FTTP enabled area, they want to offer it as one tier product stand and keep it different to regular fttc products.

Absolutely valid on your point - hence at present we're exploring at all options.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

Highlighted
Community Star

RecycleWeek_Banner.jpg

Highlighted
Community Star

Safer Internet Day 11Feb2020