Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Customer.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Team Player

I placed my order online on the 13th May 2020. I am due to go live on the 29th with Fibre and the 4th June 2020 wit tv.

Since then I have read with interest the posts on all the forums.

I would like to know if there are actuley any Talk Talk customers that are happy with there service's, as I am having second thoughts of joining.

After reading all the posts. If so perhaps there should be a Happy Customer forum group.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Paul

TalkTalk have 4 million customers.

@paultf1 wrote:...I would like to know if there are actuley any Talk Talk customers that are happy with there service's,

From time to time we do get customers posting that they are happy with the service. Do you think 4 million customers should regularly post just to say everything's ok?

Look at Trustpilot. Here's BT's review. Here's TalkTalk. I'll leave you to look at others.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Usually people use online forums to try and find an answer to a problem or vent their frustration.  When they get the answer they want/need a minority then express their satisfaction, the majority go away without comment.  It is rare for people to seek out any forum to express their satisfaction, particularly if everything is working without problems as they just see it as normal rather than being worthy of comment.  This is just human nature, people are quick to criticise but slow to praise.  So the majority of Talktalk users are probably ambivalent because the service works and is seen as value for money, so while satisfied they won't go out of their way to say so.  Conversely, the forum acts as a focus for the discontented customers.  Or, put another way the views of the vocal minority swamp those of the silent majority making them seem much more prevalent.

As for my own view I am a satisfied customer, my broadband works as expected and on the odd occasion when I've had problems I've found the customer service to be reasonably good, and the forum excellent.  Much the same as for similarly priced ISPs. I think it fair to say, like most organisations, customer service could be improved, but this would mean costs and therefore prices would increase.  If excellent customer service is essential then one should use a premium service, such as ZEN, with the resultant increase in price but of course if all goes well, which it does for most, then you are paying for something you don't use.  A bit like insurance.

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you for your comments. Most welcome.
Yes I agree with you, just sad that no one can give praise if it is due. but can criticise when not.
Well i will soon find out next week Lol.
Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you for your comments,most welcome.

Highlighted
Community Star

Welcome to the TalkTalk Community. Member to member support for TalkTalk Consumer customers.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer