would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Nonsense message on forum login

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
I8this
Insightful One

Just when is this nonsense massage going to be stopped?????????????????

Hey I8this,

We’re starting to get worried, where have you been?

Also what is this rubbish when I cliked the post button???????????????There was not any HTML jn the post. TalkTalk at their best again

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

@I8this wrote: Just when is this nonsense massage going to be stopped?????????????????

Good question. Is there a sensible "massage" er message you'd like to be started?  What would you prefer?

@I8this wrote:  Also what is this rubbish when I cliked the post button???????????????There was not any HTML jn the post. TalkTalk at their best again...

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Simple answer...you copied html from the webpage.  The remnants of that are in the post.  However, not all webpage html is accepted in the post body hence it's removed and you're given the opportunity to make sure the remaining post is still worth posting. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
I8this
Insightful One

I would prefer not to see nonsense messages like that. i have been looking at other sites that interest me and when I have just logged in here again an hour later, what do I see, the same nonsense message again. Its been showing this nonsense ever since the forum changed to this new layout. There is no need for it, its not as if I have not logged in for days, weeks, or more.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

I'm sure Stephen would like to know what you'd prefer.  I agree that it is a bit twee for the 6,000 active members that regularly log-in.

Highlighted
TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

I agree with you on this one @I8this.  I don't think it is the 'tweeness' of the message that's in question @Gondola, but the fact that whether one has been 'away' from the formum for a matter of seconds, or [possibly] a matter of years, the damn message will still say ....

'We’re starting to get worried, where have you been?'

If the message was more sensitively worded, not generated by an American coder, and reflected on the real time since a member was last logged-in, it might render the message more palatable. Even 'We are' would be preferable to 'We're'!

~R.

PS ~ If I can receive a regular 'sensible massage' for the £17.00 pcm I'm paying TalkTalk, you can count me in! 😎  Sorry I8this.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hey, RichardSavage you've not been online for 298 days and we were starting to get worried... GOOD?

Hey, Gondola you've been really great helping Molly57. Keep up the good work... GOOD?

Hey, HornedOne online every day this week. You're being noticed... GOOD?

Highlighted
TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Not wishing to be picky @Gondola, but ..............

as of today - 12 August 2018 - RichardSavage has been 'locked-out' for 333 days ................ BAD!

Gondola, your communication skills have improved this month ........ EXCELLENT!

TheHornedOne has indeed been online every day this week, but then, it is only ........... SUNDAY!

PS ~ apologies for kinda jumping your thread @I8this, but sometimes, one just has to respond, ha!

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @I8this

The message is valid in that its a warning to anyone who put invalid html in their posts your post contained invalid HTML, this could have come from copy/paste from another source which is why that error was displayed, the wysiwyg will strip out any invalid html so you can just hit post again and it should post.

EDIT

Has a quick look at your initial post and does in fact appear that you copy/paste the message from the site which would have contained invalid HTML as users are only permitted to use basic html markup in their posts

Highlighted
I8this
Insightful One

Hi @StephenF

Gondola explained why that invalid HTML message appeared.

The point of this thread is why ever time I or other members log in we get that Nonsensical message even if we have logged out of the forum and then log back later.

IE.

We’re starting to get worried, where have you been? etc.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Hi, It's just a friendly message, sorry to hear you don't like it. when we get around to it we'll look to randomize a handful of messages so its not always the same.
Highlighted
I8this
Insightful One

Hi StephenF

Its not a case of not liking it but to see the same nonsense at the start of the message at every log in does seem to be silly,

IE.

Hey I8this,

We’re starting to get worried, where have you been?

I do not mind the rest of the message pointing out a link to an item in the forum that may be of interest.