Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Parents in 80s internet rarely works

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi my parents (in their 80s) internet almost never works now, their router looks pretty old - it's a Netgear N150 wireless Modem Router DGN1000. Obviously they are stuck in doors and beyond an old school phone call facetime/skype is their main link to family and friends which has been really important to help them feel connected since March. 

I have looked all round this website for a phone number to discuss but can't find anything. Wanted to discuss this issue and possible upgrade as current offers reflect a better plan for the similar price.

Can some one please contact me or provide phone number.    

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David,

Add their phone number to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' and I'll take a look at their connection to see if improvements can be made.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Karl I've done that thanks. look forward to hearing back.

Highlighted

Hi

I'll get a new router out to them to see if this helps.

Can you ask that they check the home phone and make sure there is a clear dial tone, no noise or crackles on the line.  Any issues on the physical phone line can affect broadband performance.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Karl

Installed new router connected everyone to it but no one could get any internet connection.

There seem to be outages in London today (Sunday) but not sure if that affects our area.

What do we do next? Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

The router needs an internet connection before  any devices can connect to it, what is the indicator light doing? Have you tried checking their phone line as mentioned earlier? There are no reported outages on the TalkTalk network presently.

Highlighted
Community Star

Keep an eye on this website for outage reports, @David77MIller:

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/talktalk

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Star

That website doesn’t report outages, it collates individual problem reports. 

Highlighted
Community Star

The website gives helpful information on whether there is a cluster of problems in any particular area. Hope that helps,  @David77MIller.

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, is the voice service ok and is there a dial tone as this will affect the broadband connection?

Thanks