Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phew - finally managed to re-join

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Greetings.

Yesterday I tried accessing my old community forum account @PhilH . It didn’t recognise my password so I asked for a password reset email (to my outlook.com email). No email arrived.

I then created a new account. It wouldn’t accept the outlook.com address because it was already in use ((by PhilH) so I used my wife’s hotmail.com email. Despite repeated requests to resend I didn’t receive a verification email. I then tried changing to an alternative hotmail.co.uk address which I have but still didn’t get a verification email. I have checked my Junk folder so it hasn’t gone in there and other emails were getting through, including from TalkTalk about my new service.

Today I created a TalkTalk.net email address and used that to create this account. The verification email appeared immediately and here I am.

So, any ideas why verification emails  to outlook/hotmail are not getting through? And can I recover my old forum account?

In the meantime the issue I was going to raise on the forum has been solved as we had an

unexpected visit from an OpenReach engineer who sorted out the problem which was stopping our new fibre broadband service achieving expected download speeds. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I've had a look, and the old username is active and verified.  Not sure why you have not received the email to the outlook .com address.  I'v not seen any reports of reset email issues etc.  There can sometimes be a delay to non TT addresses.  Can you check if anything has arrived yet.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Karl

No, I’ve not received the reset email for @PhilH  nor a verification email to my hotmail accounts for the username @Anonymous  which I tried to set up a couple of days ago.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff
Sorry to hear that, we're looking into a possible issue with emails being sent by the platform.

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I just tried again asking for a password reset on my old account and it worked this time. Don’t know whether someone identified an issue and solved it or whether It was a temporary glitch which resolved itself but thanks either way.

So I’m now able to get back into the old account. The next question is: can I delete this account and the other one I created while trying to get back in but which never got verified? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Phil

For the duplicate Community accounts you no longer need there's a Close Account option here.

Sign in > Select your Avatar > My Settings > Personal Profile tab > Close Account from the selectable list of options

WARNING: You can close your account and remove your personal information from the community. After you close your account, you cannot re-open it. When your account is removed, all Personal information, likes, accepted solutions, and achievements will be permanently deleted. If you later decide to re-join the community, you must re-register and start from scratch.  Closing your account will immediately log you out.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks. One zombie account gone, this one will go tomorrow.