Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagem box lock-up

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sightseer

Saw some posts relating to faults on HD boxes, so was wondering if anyone can help.

My Sagem RTI190-320 box has locked up and won't boot, so was hoping I could download the software again and try booting from a USB stick.  I know there haven't been updates for a while, but just wanted to try the latest version.  Can anyone suggest where I can download the software (or firmware) as Sagemcom site is useless?!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ab802 

The RTI190-320 is a Freeview TV receiver that dates back to 2010. It's over 10 years old and is no longer supported by Sagemcom. I'd try a full factory reset to see if that brings it back to life. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, thanks for the the suggestion. Do you know if there’s any way to do a reset apart from power cycling? I’ve tried pulling out the power cable several times but it always gets stuck at the same point in the initialisation, so I can’t get onto any menus. I can force it into programming mode, and there’s a USB port on the front, but I can’t find any software downloads online to try to upload. I know the last update was around 2016, but even that might spark it into life??

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi ab802 

The 15 minute power down should be good to reset the system but to clear everything else to a new installation state you'd need access to the menus and the spanner icon to opt for a factory reset.

For software updates I believe the Sagemcom Freeview products relied on Over the Air updates. I cannot see those currently scheduled.

Have you previously been able to apply downloaded software updates that you could re-apply? 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Sightseer

Hi, yes the last time I updated the software it was via the USB port, after downloading online to a stick. I’ve had a look through all my memory sticks to see if I still have the download, but not found it so far, so was hoping it might still be on a site somewhere.