Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk call safe screening service

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Am joining this group in the hope of advice about getting call safe screening removed from a number.  Talktalk agreed to do this within 24 hours on Monday for my relative, still has not happened.  This has been a challenge for months, we've spent money on engineers checking the phones and thought we now had it solved.  In despair as we keep having to get relative with hearing problems checked on as she can't manage the service.  Is the only alternative to change to another landline and internet provider? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Jackie56 

Welcome to Community.

In my opinion your relative is better having CallSafe enabled as this protects from scam callers that often target the elderly.

With CallSafe all you need to do is check that numbers that regularly call your relative are on the Approved call list.

How to use CallSafe 

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for your advice.  What I am looking for is advice on how to turn it off, however.  Talktalk have agreed then failed to do this. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Jackie56 

If you read the help article I've linked to you'll see how the customer turns off CallSafe in their MyAccount. Manage CallSafe

If you have Power of Attorney or Authority to Act to manage your relative's account then TalkTalk will take your instructions to turn off CallSafe. 

However, I would still advise to consider leaving CallSafe active to screen unwanted calls.  It's way more stressful to deal with scam callers or other unwanted callers and very easy to add wanted callers to the Approved list.

Highlighted
First Timer

TalkTalk agreed by phone call with the account holder who is perfectly competent to decide, to deactivate this service.  They said they'd do it in 24 hours, and haven't in 72 hours  (It really, really is not for us for reasons I won't go into here so please don't tell me again we should have it).  

The local independent telecom engineers say this is a notorious problem which gives them a lot of business checking for technical faults - been there too.

We seem to have no option but to change provider.  

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Jackie56 

Doesn't alter my opinion that CallSafe protects the vulnerable and it is easy to use. And easy to switch off. 

If your relative is a vulnerable customer TalkTalk will be happy to help them directly in many ways including offering them the best possible tariff for their needs.

If your relative is competent to decide to switch off CallSafe then they can action that themselves via their MyAccount or ask TalkTalk to do it for them.  Or if you control your relative's MyAccount then you can do it.

TalkTalk support options are here: Contact us

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from their TalkTalk 'phone (8am to 8pm).

TalkTalk also support the Text Relay Service by simply dialling 18001 followed by 0345 1720088.

However, TalkTalk will not action your instructions unless you are authorised to manage your relative's account.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Not sure but I suggest you go to your account and go to Call safe section and see if you can see the number that has been blocked and unblock it. Or turn Callsafe off while you want to recieve the call you dont want blocked.