would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

To switch or not to switch

ANSWERED
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am due to switch on the 5th Feb. I can still stop the switch through cooling off. 

All I am reading is poor reviews. 

My main issue is what I am reading regards to customer service.

Should I just take the retention package and stick with Sky?

I will save £12 a month with Talktalk but is it worth the hassle. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Anonymous

One of the Community Stars @fr8ys discovered this letter in the current issue of Computer Active.

Computer_Active_Feb_2018.pngComputer Active Feb 2018

Here's the topic: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/TV-box-not-recording/m-p/2143652

TV Box fails, customer comes to Community and within 24 hours has a brand new TV box. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

One of the Community Stars @fr8ys discovered this letter in the current issue of Computer Active.

Computer_Active_Feb_2018.pngComputer Active Feb 2018

Here's the topic: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/TV-box-not-recording/m-p/2143652

TV Box fails, customer comes to Community and within 24 hours has a brand new TV box. 

Thanks. I just hope I don't regret my decision 

palstev1
First Timer

Hi jondavo, I too had concerns after returning to TalkTalk after an absence of 7yrs. But since a seamless change on12/12/17, I've had no problems at all. I have contacted cus.service a couple of times ref my package and I've had no probs at all. I was with BT on an Infinity 2 deal, but my speed is the same on faster fibre. I'm saving a lot of money with TT. Hope you get the same service!.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Community Team

Hi jondavo 

If you do experience any issues then please let us know and we can sort this out for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. May I ask when I will receive the equipment. I go live Monday 5th February and "My account" shows a message that it is still to soon to be sent.

Thanks.
AltoSolo
First Timer
I've been with TT over 12 years and have always found every one to be friendly and helpful, any issues with service (maybe 2 incidents in all this tine) have been resolved in s timely fashion and I was fully informed all the way.
Altosolo (Vintage Dresser)
Gondola
Community Star

Hi, equipment delivery is usually a day or two in advance of go live but you'll get an indication of the tracked delivery in your MyAccount. 

When mine was delivered I was able to track the courier on a map in real time but that depends on which delivery service is used.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again.
Community Team

Hi jondavo 

Your equipment is showing as dispatched on 31/01. Hope this helps 🙂

Debbie

Community Team
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. Its jusy arrived in the past 5 minutes or so. Thanks for the reply. Best Regards.
Community Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

I missed place the welcome pack so I jumped onto live chat and a new one was sent to me. Ive just received it. So would appear what I have read the service is not all bad afterall. 

Community Team
Hi jondavo

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂 I''m glad this was resent and received quickly!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Switch day has arrived. Home phone nunber is now not recognised when dialled "Please check the number and try again". From mobile.

Router shows a red light. Shows a red light. 

Line has been down for a few hours now. Called talktalk and the automated message states: "Are you calling about the fault we are currently working on"

Line has been fine for the past 11 years wirh SKY. 

The wife hates switching services so I'm in the dog house. 

I have updated my community profile with the number in question. 

Regards.

We're having to sort a problem with your order before we can get you up and running. Don't worry, we'll let you know as soon as possible if there's a small delay to your go-live date. 

Sky had no problems so why have TalkTalk

To add every agent from TalkTalk this evening has disconnected my call!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not impressed. No working services. More importantly no working landline. I have emailed Charles Dunstone who in turn has replied. I am absolutely disgusted. 

Regards Jon

Community Team

Hi jondavo 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you been contacted by a Complaints Manager from our CEO's Office?

Thanks

Debbie

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. 

My numbers not working but apparently my TV service is good to go according to the last text I got. Appears all I read about Talk Talk is true. 

Still no working services.