Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wonky layout!

6 REPLIES 6
Gliwmaeden2
Enlightened One

Your yellow "browse" tab has reappeared during the afternoon but was missing earlier today.

However, under "billing", for example, there are loads of messages not in "most recent first" order. Not very useful!

Somebody's been tinkering with the software today, and it is NOT an improvement!

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Gliwmaeden2

The main reason for the changes you've seen is to incorporate the TalkTalk Help into the Community content.

The Browse tab is not there unless you're signed in to Community but should be there when signed in.

There was an inadvertent move of Billing content that has caused the ordering of content to go astray. There's a sticky post from Arne to explain.

There are some bugs that we're seeing.  Please do let us know if you spot anything else.  Thanks ever so.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Gliwmaeden2
Enlightened One

Change without warning of change is NEVER helpful and shows a crass disregard for us as users / customers!

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

There is a new blog item dated Wednesday but I agree that it doesn't flag up the changes in layout to existing users. It's essentially there for new users.

For experienced users the login and notifications are the obvious first changes in appearance and the links on the header bar.

The Browse tab is essentially the same as before and the glitch in the billing forum was an unrelated issue.

I will provide feedback to Stephen for you.

Gliwmaeden2
Enlightened One

Thanks!

Gliwmaeden2
Gliwmaeden2
Enlightened One

It is not just that some threads (particularly in "billing") may have been archived, but those that have been restored are in a terrible jumble. The chronology is all over the place and impossible to follow. A total shambles.

Also, many of us do not want to remain logged in all the time, but the only way to access the yellow navigation tab now is to be logged in. Navigation when signed out is now much more difficult. Participation is likely to go down as a result of these changes.

Why was there no alert for current users?

TT does not have the users' best interest at the core of everything it does, despite what it professes. This has been shown in the way they changed the password requirements on this site a while back - no warning.

A similar lack of attention to the customers' point of view shows up in all the misrepresentation of the contracts that goes on when chat advisers confirm deals. They always lump the boost total in with the broadband and line total and then we get patronising replies from people pointing us to Ts&Cs which your average customer might well not dream of checking having trusted the wording from the adviser. This continued misrepresentation of contract detail shows a totally cynical approach to customers.

I'll believe you have our best interests at heart and are listening when I start to see changes for the better in all these areas!

Gliwmaeden2
Gondola
Community Star

I know not what happened in the Billing board but I do see that Arne has said "Sorry for any inconvenience caused" and he has tried to restore as best as possible.

As for navigation when not logged in there's still Latest Posts to keep up to date with what's happening right now.  That's not changed.  Home page has the Community link to get to the Community forum index to navigate from.

What I do miss is the Hero image of dad and daughter and seeing that replaced by the image of the Wi-Fi hub hidden by the search box... and I thought the concept of external design for the Wi-Fi Hub was to make it attractive so it didn't get hidden!  The quality of design and a bit of thought going into design does seem to get lost on some software developers I feel.