5 silent/scam calls in 1 day

Reply
40 REPLIES 40
Weevie
Enlightened One

We had 5 silent / scam calls yesterday - we didn't answer a single one - reported them all on "Check and Report\" but how do I know that they have been sucessfully blocked ?

I mean, good though it is - "Check and Report" only shows the last 5 numbers status

I must have reported over a dozen numbers, via Check and Report, this week alone and haven't received any blocking confirmed emails at all this week !!

They have started early today, 8:25 and we have the first silent call

My wife is getting extremely fed up and wants me to cancel my TT account - what would you do ?

And the reason for all of these scam calls would appear to be TT's insecure system with the hacking event from 3 years ago - in which personal data was stolen - before then, we had zero spam/slient/scam calls !!

I cannot block any more via my phone - the 100 allowed must be used up !!

Weevie
Enlightened One

@Weevie wrote:

We had 5 silent / scam calls yesterday - we didn't answer a single one - reported them all on "Check and Report\" but how do I know that they have been sucessfully blocked ?

I mean, good though it is - "Check and Report" only shows the last 5 numbers status

I must have reported over a dozen numbers, via Check and Report, this week alone and haven't received any blocking confirmed emails at all this week !!

They have started early today, 8:25 and we have the first silent call

My wife is getting extremely fed up and wants me to cancel my TT account - what would you do ?

And the reason for all of these scam calls would appear to be TT's insecure system with the hacking event from 3 years ago - in which personal data was stolen - before then, we had zero spam/slient/scam calls !!

I cannot block any more via my phone - the 100 allowed must be used up !!i



How about TT providing us all with call blockinhlg devices ?

That would appear to be the only solution guaranteed to work ?

The price would be considerably less than the price of the unloved and unwanted TB boxes that you have sent out for free to all customers (apart from myself)

Come on TT - time for action !!

theid
Conversation Starter

I deliberately have Talktalk as my ISP and my landline through BT.    I do not use an i-phone.

Nevertheless, this morning I have had three calls (from separate numbers/countries) from scammers attempting to engage me in conversation about my PC, my router, my landline.   On each occasion I dialled 1471 to get the phone number and logged it on the talktalk website with timings.   

 

It is entirely possible that someone inside BT or Talktalk is selling data to a third party, but as long as we know that speaking to a human being at any ISP or telecommunications company is almost impossible then we KNOW it's a scam, right?!

 

 

theid
Weevie
Enlightened One

@theid wrote:

I deliberately have Talktalk as my ISP and my landline through BT.    I do not use an i-phone.

Nevertheless, this morning I have had three calls (from separate numbers/countries) from scammers attempting to engage me in conversation about my PC, my router, my landline.   On each occasion I dialled 1471 to get the phone number and logged it on the talktalk website with timings.   

 

It is entirely possible that someone inside BT or Talktalk is selling data to a third party, but as long as we know that speaking to a human being at any ISP or telecommunications company is almost impossible then we KNOW it's a scam, right?!

 

 


 

Its about time that TT offered alternative methods of call blocking - such as https://www.hearingdirect.com/cpr-call-blocker-v202.html which costs less than £60 but if TT ordered a few hundred thousand - could, no doubt be produced for £20 and could then be sent to every customer for free !!

This would be a similar price (to TT) as the useless TV boxes that they insist on sending out - but infinitely more useful ....

Already up to 6 calls unwanted calls today and it's only 2:30

liamf12
Conversation Starter

I've not had more than one call a month for 6 months.

Today alone I've had 5 from 5 numbers, all now reported.  As I'm on nights this week I'm not impressed at being woken 5 times after having very little sleep yesterday waiting up for a washing machine delivery.  So have our accounts been hacked again or why the sudden increase in calls?

I would talktalk to help us take the ? who hacked our details to court for compensation.  Little chance of actually getting any but if it meant we keep him in poverty for the rest of his life I would be happy.  It may stop others too.

Sceptic2
Team Player

Somthing must have happend hardly any calls for mounths now 5 in 3 days 3 today

silent but I left the phone off the hook on one and heard a computer voics say "goodbye"

I have not checked but suspect it's the same people using a changing number so blocking

one number may noy work.

Sceptic2
Team Player

Just had another from a different number getting about one a hour

getting to the point of unpluging the phone.

Sceptic2
Team Player

Just had another cheaky sods are calling evey hour at 57 min to the hour.

 

Weevie
Enlightened One

@Sceptic2 wrote:

Just had another cheaky sods are calling evey hour at 57 min to the hour.

 


Same here - out at the time - came back to yet another missed call

This one at 11:57 from

05346195794 
They must be auto dialling every sucker on their lists !!

 

Sceptic2
Team Player

Come on TT you must be seeing a spike in calls at 3 min to the hour

finnger out time.

 

Sceptic2
Team Player
Up to now
06298010567
0533812253
014428703485
07808114771
04807360533
02186903437
just random numbers with a 0 in front.
Weevie
Enlightened One

@Sceptic2 wrote:
Up to now
06298010567
0533812253
014428703485
07808114771
04807360533
02186903437
just random numbers with a 0 in front.

Same here - its starting to really annoy me

I have informed Donna of these calls !!

Sceptic2
Team Player
Well it's 2 o'clock and no call they may be on dinner break
or maybe someone as tracked them down and shoved the phone
were the sun dont shine, I do hope so.
Weevie
Enlightened One

@Sceptic2 wrote:
Well it's 2 o'clock and no call they may be on dinner break
or maybe someone as tracked them down and shoved the phone
were the sun dont shine, I do hope so.

I am really tempted to answer one of these calls - but I know that it won't help - I want to scream at them B.OFF

Sceptic2
Team Player

Dinner must be over 10 to the hour this time

014498048240

 

Sceptic2
Team Player

Yep I must now be on thier 10 to the hour list

09363319872

this time

 

Weevie
Enlightened One

@Sceptic2 wrote:

Yep I must now be on thier 10 to the hour list

09363319872

this time

 


We had 6 calls today from unknown sources - I reported 2 on Check and Report - I gave up at this point - we are rapidly using up our 100 allowed on personal blocking on our phone

So - if TT's new CALLSAFE system fails - it WILL be goodbye TalkTalk - even though I may be only 3 months through a new 18 month contract...

Talk Talk are going to have to take me to court to try to get a single penny out of me - and they will lose !!

ps I have been with TT and TTbusiness for over 14 years ...

liamf12
Conversation Starter

Just one today, still woke me up as I'm doing my last night tonight.  Said talktalk and I just went quiet.  Eventually he hung up but didn't call back thankfully. Next thing I knew it was 7:15pm (normally up before 4!)  

Weevie
Enlightened One

Woken up at 7:20 by the first today 

 

I am fed up

Weevie
Enlightened One

Has anyone else tried reporting calls on TPS website ?

It is even worse than TT's in that you can only report "SALES / MARKETING" calls sucessfully

Silent/ threatening etc are outside of TPs remit !!!

And EVEN when you try reporting marketing calls - it requiires too many unknown details

USELESS !!..