Check and Report error

8 REPLIES 8
gus88
Chatterbox

I tried to log a scammer number this morning but it failed at this page with a 401 Authorization Required error:

https://community-stage.talktalk.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page-id/CheckAndReportResults

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @gus88

Is that error repeatable?  I can see that it is a software error in Community that should not have happened.

I'll flag it up to @StephenF the Community Manager who will be keen to investigate this software glitch with the vendors. Even more so if it's an error that's still there.  

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi gus88

It looks like somehow you have linked to our test environment the correct link for Check and Report is :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/bd-p/check-and-report

If you have that link saved as a favorite please change it to the one above

Thanks

gdadpav
Popular Poster
I got the same message this morning. I was reporting a scam call. A second login screen appeared asking for login ID and password. I declined, closed the page and then the community page opened.
Community Manager

Hi @gus88

Sorry to hear this could you confirm how you got that URL in the first place, there is no hidden secrets on that site, in fact its a mirror of the live stage minus any user accounts which we use to test out new bits n bobs however we never use it in any comms or link to it.

I just want to understand how you got that link? so we can update whatever is pointing to it. 

Thanks

Stephen 

gdadpav
Popular Poster

Stephen.

i got to the same link.  I did an internet search for TalkTalk Check and Report and selected the link.  I did not use my community account or my TalkTalk account to access.  

Cheers

vince

Community Manager
thanks, im struggling to replicate would you mind take a screenshot of what you see when doing a search and posting it back here, if you dont mind that is.. 🙂
gdadpav
Popular Poster

Stephen.

I’ve managed to bring up the community-stage web page again today.  I was on the Report and Check input page, had submitted the number and been told it was a first occurance.  The community login input fields are on that page, I input my details and the attached paged opened.

86502FAD-9347-4242-B4A9-2B21ACDBC784.png

Regards.

Vince.

whitecliffs
Super Duper Contributor

I nearly always get the second log in as in gdadpav even though I am logged in to the community, I don’t fill it in and then don’t bother reporting the number as you end up having to go through the whole system again until it lets you in 

i can can see that I am already logged in because of my avita in the address line