Does Callsafe ring when an automated message is detected?

3 REPLIES 3
GEG63
Wizz Kid

After a period when I had virtually no attempted scam calls I am now getting them more often. This seems to be the same type lots of people are getting currently whether they are with TalkTalk or BT. It's an automated message (mine has an American accent) asking telling you dire things are going to happen to your broadband etc and to press numbers on your phone which will of course put you through the scammer. The only one I actually listened to claimed to be from BT. The phone number appears to be a valid uk number but changes completely every time so its obviously spoofed. I have call blocker attached to the phone but with the number changing every time and with them being usually valid UK area codes it's not effective.

As a result I am thinking of activating Callsafe but I have one query. Will an automated message be seen by Callsafe as a response from the caller and allow the phone to ring? I don't want automated calls to trigger the phone to ring at all. Today (Saturday) the scammer called at 7:40am!

Community Team

Hi GEG63

We haven't seen any instances where an automated message has gotten through callsafe. 

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Thanks Arne thats what I want to know!

Community Team