Gone

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

we left tt 2weeks ago and the scam phone calls have stopped,I wonder if you have a live leak of customer data?

Community Star

Wow, that's amazing, did you change your phone number?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

no number change

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think it is possible that the scammers are busy phoning other potential victims as they have learnt that it is a waste of their time phoning you ?

But give them time - they will be back !

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I found that if you pick up the phone and put it down or even answer it to give them some stick you get plagued by the scammers as in my opinion they sell on your number, if as I have found out you do not pick up the phone, look to see what the number is and if it is one of those '00' numbers or one you do not recognise just let it ring they get many numbers being rung at the same time and yours is cut off. They then try your number for about three days, do the same and then they leave you alone for about 3-4 weeks it is getting longer and longer without a call now.  

"Forget what I have just said, if you all do it I will probably be plagued like I used to"

ps. I still report the numbers on 'my account' if a number is used.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Is it coincidence or are we being tracked on this forum , apart from the last couple of days the last time I posted on this forum was 4 weeks ago 17/8/2016, I then got a couple of spam calls, today after posting on tt forum yesterday I received my first spam call for 4 weeks? 

It was a Withheld call and and cut off as soon as the answer phone started so going on previous calls I am due another 2 calls over the next 2 days which will not be answered.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is, or shouldn't be, any personal information available on these forums for a scammer to use. Personal information is always removed from open display as soon as identified.

The personal information that you are asked to provide to help with problem resolution is only viewable by yourself and the OCEs (not even the CS moderators).

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@Anonymous

I do agree with you that the spammers should not be able to find anything personal out (NOW) perhaps when the TT system was broken into they got the information then.

I have thought this before that it seems to start on entering on a thread here and seeing that I never answer the phone for spammers they could realise that the line is not dead as to say, once you enter into or open a thread on TT Forum bingo! They try again.

Agreed I am perhaps looking too deep but once I get a clear period of spammers I will experiment.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

still no scam calls