6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Richardgrant75
First Timer

Hi,
today I've received the below mail :

Disconnection of your TalkTalk service
Dear Mr Ric,
We’ve received notification that a customer from another provider is moving to your address and taking over your phone and broadband line on 21 December 2016. We wanted to check that this is correct and if so, confirm what’s left to pay. Just to let you know, you’ll receive your final bill, a few days after your service ends.
If this isn’t right or you’ve changed your mind and would like to stay with us, please call our dedicated team as soon as you can on 0345 172 0047*.
When you leave us you won’t benefit from:
Our new Fixed Low Price Plans: unlike the other main broadband providers, our new plans guarantee your price stays the same throughout your contract, with a single low price for broadband and line rental
The same great deals as new customers: we’re the only broadband provider to give you the same offers as new customers
Totally unlimited broadband as standard on all packages: we don’t have a monthly usage cap, we won’t slow you down if you’re a big streamer or downloader
Free security features: HomeSafe is our family friendly website filter that will help to keep you and your family safe online
Your free calling features: including Caller Display, Voicemail, Last Caller Barring and Anonymous Caller Reject
Essential SIM worth £5 a month: all our new plans come with an inclusive Essential SIM which gives you a 500MB of data, 200 UK minutes and unlimited texts every month
Your leaving costs
Since you’re leaving us before the end of your contract’s minimum term, there will be some extra charges you’ll need to pay. We’ve estimated them here:
Fast Broadband £220.54

Total £220.54
If you’re within the 20-day cooling off period, the charges above will not apply.
To avoid late payment fees, please make sure you keep your Direct Debit active, until your final bill has been paid. If you pay by another way, please make sure your payment reaches us by the date specified on your final bill.
If you’re a broadband customer with a discount on our mobile service or have taken our free SIM offer, you may lose a discount you have for your mobile service. If you’d like to cancel your TalkTalk Mobile service, you’ll need to do this separately by calling 0345 172 0047.
Any questions?
If you have any questions about your estimated charges or your final bill, or you’ve decided to change your mind, please give our dedicated team a call on 0345 172 0047*. We’re on hand 7 days a week to answer your call, from 8am to 8pm.
Thank you again for being with TalkTalk. If there’s anything we can do to help, we hope you’ll let us know. We’re sorry that you’re leaving and hope you’ll come back to us in the future.
Yours sincerely,

Alexandra Birtles
Head of Customer Loyalty
*Free from an active TalkTalk landline. Call costs from mobiles and other providers vary.
Lines are open 7 days a week, from 8am to 8pm.

More reasons to choose TalkTalk:

Our fixed low price guarantee Our fixed low price guarantee
Existing customers enjoy the same great deals as new ones Existing customers enjoy the same great deals as new ones
Totally unlimited standard broadband at Britain’s lowest prices Totally unlimited standard broadband at Britain’s lowest prices
Essential SIM included as standard Essential SIM included as standard
Inclusive privacy features & online security Inclusive privacy features & online security
The biggest movies for everyone at Britain’s lowest prices The biggest movies for everyone at Britain’s lowest prices
Please do not reply to this email, replies are not monitored.
TalkTalk Telecom Limited - Incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: 11 Evesham Street, London, W11 4AR. Registered number 04633015

I'm a new customer and few days ago I got the router and the internet broadband has been activeted.
I've never asked for any cancellation of the service. A couple of hours before receiving the mail I received a text :
.We are sorry to hear you are leaving. We have received your request to move from another provider. A letter has been sent to you confirming what you wil
l be losing and anything left to pay. If you have any questions, please call us on 0345 1720120.

Please , can you help me ?
Is it a scam or a real and genuine mail? What can I do?

Thanks

Regards

Richard

RussellR
Wizz Kid

On the face of it it looks genuine - but I suggest that you phone TalkTalk using a number from their website, rather than one of those quoted just in case it is an elaborate hoax.  It may take a little longer, but hopefully they should be able to tell you what is happening and confirm whether the quoted numbers are genuine.

From https://www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus/help-with-an-existing-order#714 I would use 0345 172 0088.  Have your account details with you.

Community Team

Hi Richardgrant75

It was genuine. It looks like there was a request to take the line from us,  which triggered that email. 

The cancellation has since been stopped. 

Richardgrant75
First Timer

@OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi Richardgrant75

It was genuine. It looks like there was a request to take the line from us,  which triggered that email. 

The cancellation has since been stopped. 

Hi , 

thanks for your reply.

I solved the problem calling the number shown in the mail. 

It was genuine and the problem was about the house splitted in two flats and the tenant of the other flat was switching provider.

Thanks

Regards

Community Team
MissW52
Team Player

I received something similar, I contacted Talk Talk using a number on their website & was told that EE had contacted Talk Talk and told them someone was moving in to my address & that EE was going to be the provider.

I told the advisor I spoke to that no one from my address has contacted EE and no one is moving to or from my address.

She cancelled the request from EE.

I found this rather disturbing.

If I wanted to leave Talk Talk I would have called them myself when my contract ends to discuss a new contract as I was happy with Talk Talk until this happened.

How can this happen??

MissW52
Team Player

I notice this has happened to other Talk Talk customers.

@MissW52 wrote:

I received something similar, I contacted Talk Talk using a number on their website & was told that EE had contacted Talk Talk and told them someone was moving in to my address & that EE was going to be the provider.

I told the advisor I spoke to that no one from my address has contacted EE and no one is moving to or from my address.

She cancelled the request from EE.

I found this rather disturbing.

If I wanted to leave Talk Talk I would have called them myself when my contract ends to discuss a new contract as I was happy with Talk Talk until this happened.

How can this happen??