Mystery Package

5 REPLIES 5
Philjay50
Popular Poster

I received a text message from TT(?) this morning saying a package was on its way by Royal Mail, it quoted a tracking number. I then received a message saying it had been delivered either to me or a neighbour, its not come to me and nobody has tried to make a delivery to the house. Is there some kind of scam going on?

Community Team

Hi Philjay50

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks]

Highlighted
Philjay50
Popular Poster

Good Morning, I have done as requested and updated my personnal details, I would be interested to know if there is something "going on".

Thanks in advance

terrymanchester
Team Player

@Philjay50 wrote:

I received a text message from TT(?) this morning saying a package was on its way by Royal Mail, it quoted a tracking number. I then received a message saying it had been delivered either to me or a neighbour, its not come to me and nobody has tried to make a delivery to the house. Is there some kind of scam going on?

Hi @Philjay50

The easiest way to check if there was any such parcel would be with the Tracking number.

If it was a royal mail tracking number what info was displayed on royal mail tracking.

If it does turn out that there is indeed a package from Talk Talk then I would give them a good talking to for sending stuff without your knowlegde.

If indeed it turns out to yet another Talk Talk scam then this is a new one and shows some new characteristics  such as there has been no reports in the past of customers mobile numbers being used to scam them.

So is this a sign new data has gone missing ?

Philjay50
Popular Poster

The tracking information advised me that the package had been delivered to me or a neighbour. None of my neighbours have taken a package in for me ( and yes they are trustworthy), so have TT sent a package out but got things confused and used my name, but not my address. 

Community Team

Hi Philjay50

So I've checked your account and we haven't sent anything for you.  Last package we sent you was a super router in Jan 2015. 

Have you contacted our Mobile team to see if they have sent anything? sadly we dont have access to the Mobile systems to check.  

My only other guess is that the SMS has been sent in error to you, meant for someone else. 

Regards