New Scam

6 REPLIES 6
GrahamW
Conversation Starter

I've been called 4 times today from 01212 389313 guy from India called 'Bob' and girl from India called 'Sophia' purporting to be from 'Telephone Preference Management' saying they will block all unwanted calls to my phone providing I give them my bank details for 'verification'.

Of course I didn't.

Talk Talk need to block 01212 389313 immediately.

As 'My Account' is down I am unable to block it myself.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Graham

I'd recommend that you report the number via Check and Report. Click here for Check and Report.

With Check and Report you are in control of your call security.  Check who called you - if it’s a troublesome caller that's already been reported you'll be advised and if it's a new nuisance caller then Report them. TalkTalk will investigate and if appropriate will block that caller for all TalkTalk customers.

As, you know, there's a temporary issue with MyAccount for some customers.

Service Status (Websites) says:

"We're aware that some customer are currently unable to use My Account and may see the following error message:

"Sorry, we can't bring you the page you were after..." 

We'd like to apologise for the inconvenience during this time."

You should still be able to block using your 'phone handset. See How to use CallSafe. Scroll down to the bit about Manage Your Blocked List on Your Home Phone.

To Block a number:

• Dial 1 4 7 2 from your TalkTalk landline
  • Press 2
  • Dial the full phone number including area code
  • CallSafe will play the number back to you
  • If the number is correct, press 1. If you made a mistake, press 2 and dial it again
  • Press 2 to edit your Blocked List
  • Press 1 to add the number to your Blocked List
  • CallSafe will confirm your changes
  • Press 2 to finish and save your changes
 Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

GrahamW
Conversation Starter

I have reported (twice) on Check and Report.

I don't want to use CallSafe as it's an irritation to people that call me, having to record their name and message.

I want to block 01212 389313 myself.

I know My Account is down.

The steps you gave me don't help.

1. Dial 1472.

2. Press 2. - Pressing 2 does nothing, the only option is to press 1 to turn callsafe on. I don't want callsafe.

As with everything to do with TalkTalk, I'm going round in circles.

ferguson
Community Star

Try Last Caller Barring which, despite the name, allows you to block specific numbers also: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-Last-Caller-Barring/ta-p/2222798

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Graham

If you wish to block a number here's the advice: How Do I Block Unwanted Callers

GrahamW
Conversation Starter

ARGH!!!

I can't log into My Account to activate Last CAll Barring!

Jeez!

Gondola
Community Star

...well, now that you've said you don't want CallSafe and haven't already activated Last Caller Barring and I see you reported the number an hour ago on Check & Report there's just a retry of logging in to MyAccount left.

I can successfully login to MyAccount so maybe you can too.