Number to use to report scam calls

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Is there a direct number to contact the team dealing with scam calls? I thought that the number ending 2710 did this but I keep going through to customer services and then having to hear the operator go through the same script each time (wasting their time and mine). What I need to do is tell the operator that I have just had a scam call (at such and such a time and duration), this is what they told/asked me; now over to you.

Jim
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the "Report a Scam or Nuisance Call" link from the home page in your "My Account" ?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

There is no Direct number,   As eebdsirhc Has advised you can report scam calls Via My Account. 

Regards

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you both for your responses.

Unfortunately this does not allow the reporting of calls where the calling number has been withheld. I have been dialing the support number: 0345 172 0088 to report these calls and last week I was given another number to use that supposedly went straight to the appropriate department. That number was 0870 444 1820. However, when I used that today to report some suspicious calls my call went through to the ordinary support where the operator insisted on going through the script that I have heard many times before. Some way of reporting potentially scam calls, where the on-line reporting does not work, without tying-up a front-line adviser going through an unnecessary process would be useful.

Jim
Highlighted

The 0870 number was or old customer service number,  the new number is the 0345 number both will take you to customer services who have a process for logging calls from Witheld/ unknown numbers. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks Arne

I have been given another one (an 0800) for the Fraud Team, it still goes through to CS but I guess that that is when Fraud are busy.

Jim
Highlighted

Again there is no direct number for Fraud. The number is for customer services.   I'm going to ask for that call to be retrieved as that information is incorrect. 

The agent should have followed their set process.