Overcharged on phone bill - fraudulent calls

1 REPLY 1
Petere93
First Timer

Hi all, 

I have been charged £6.05 for calls made on my landline number this month. The only problem is that I don't have a landline installed in my house. Looking at the phone bill, the same number has been called at 17.14 every evening for just over one minute, charging 55p a day since the first of April.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I know it's not a huge amount of money and the number has been added to my block list now so I hope this won't happen again however the identical time and charge daily makes it feel like an automated service has managed to hijack my number which I've never heard of before...

Tried talking to the help line at TalkTalk who said that we would have to buy a phone to plug in and check if the line is being crossed but to be honest it doesn't seem like its a crossed line and also the cost of a phone to plug in to check will be more than the fraud is currently costing me, so I'm not doing that unless the problem gets worse!

Thanks for any help or advice!

Community Team

Hi @Petere93

Ive checked your account and the calls are still being made, Do you have an alarm system that makes outbound calls to a hub?