Phone scam

1 REPLY 1
Moneypenny2
First Timer

Some guy phoned me twice once yesterday and today claiming to be from outreach.

he began saying that my phone line would be disconnected within 24 hours and did i know why that was. He also said that my internet had been used across the world, now being assertive i asked him that if he worked for outreach then he would know about the problem and sharing and caring is good right now!! Anyway i have reported this to Action fraud and just warning you guys. If i was a vulnerable person things could have been different.

stay safe and merry Christmas to you all 🎄

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks for the information . 

If you can get the number that called you  add it to our check and report site  and our network can block it. 

. Things to remember TalkTalk will never:

• Call you to advise we have detected a fault in your router and ask you to install any software
  • Never call you to state you are being disconnected due to a fault/late payment 
  • Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine.
  • Ask you to provide your full password - we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security.
  • Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems.
  • Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being tracked back to them.

If you are in any doubt hang up the call and call us back to verify that we have called you. 

You could try our CallSafe service which has been proven to deter scammers read more about it on our help page About CallSafe

Regards