Scam call from 01874990024

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I had a call from an Asian "lady" at about 4 pm today, although I had difficulties understanding her at first.

She claimed to be from TalkTalk and to have my account details but didn't divulge them.

I stalled her while I looked up the number she was calling from and then started to read out some of the comments showing that she was a scammer. Before I got very far, she had hung up.

I have tried to report this to TalkTalk using the link in another post, but it won't let me fill in the date of the call and then tells me it's a required field! I decided to "report" via this message instead, so I would appreciate an official response to this post, particularly about the apparent non-functionality of the reporting system. (I tried to call the Freephone number but finished up in an endless loop!)

Highlighted
First Timer
Just had same number call. They KNEW MY TALK TALK ACCOUNT NUMBER?!?!
Asian man phoned from Talk Talk technical team. No charges, no log in, just helping because of a problem they could see affecting getting on Internet and my computer data. I was very sceptical and told him. He passed me on to someone "senior". I acted thick as he instructed me which keys I had on the bottom left of my keyboard. He wanted me top reds the Windows button and run a program that would show me on the screen the problem I was having. I further asked that j ring them back to verify call was genuine. He hung up.
Question TalkTalk. HOW DO THEY HAVE MY ACCOJNT NUMBER.
Regards CH.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

You can now report scam calls through My Account .

Can you please report these through this and our network teams will look at blocking any suspect numbers across our network.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes, but it takes SOOOOO long to get to MyAccount, mainly because it insists in going through this TV Boost thing.

Can't that be turned off, never to come back unless I ask for it?