Scam calls

1 REPLY 1
Yarar
First Timer

I think  I had a scam call asking me to install software think its like a TeamViewer software. phone number 411118470670 and 41179572804 and just a 0 sometimes. what more strange i have had problems with my line (now fixed)., but the scammer seemed to know i had been having problems. the guy in Durban would talk for ages, when he called me on my mobile from talk talk asking how my connection had been working, but when he called my landline he was a more professional. matter of minutes. 

thanks

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Yarar 

Things to remember TalkTalk will never:

• Call you to advise we have detected a fault in your router and ask you to install any software
  • Never call you to state you are being disconnected due to a fault/late payment 
  • Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine.
  • Ask you to provide your full password - we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security.
  • Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems.
  • Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being tracked back to them.

If you are in any doubt hang up the call and call us back to verify that we have called you. 

You could try our CallSafe service which has been proven to deter scammers read more about it on our help page About CallSafe

Regards