30 REPLIES
Highlighted
I8this
Super Duper Contributor

Having been in contact with TalkTalk during week, after coming back into the house this morning I saw a number of unanswered calls on the phone. A number of them from 00498924368738 that a search reveals no info for and UNAVAILABLE Out of Area ones. No messages were let. I have not had any scam calls for many weeks until now.

 

As others have reported before, that after contacting TalkTalk the scam calls begin, although TalkTalk deny it, it is obvious that there is still a leak somewere in your system.

Divsec
Community Star
Well at least we know the call is coming from Germany. Do you use Callsafe? It really is worth a try, I do and the only nuisance calls I get are from the children.
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
umanu2
Participant

@Divsec wrote:
Well at least we know the call is coming from Germany.

Not proven.

 

Scammers spoof the phone numbers to make their calls as untraceable as possible.

 

Also - my latest attempted blackmail email (reported yesterday) traced back to Ethiopia - again highly unlikely.

 

Scammers and spammers do not make traceing them easy - if they did there wouldn't be half as many around.

Divsec
Community Star
You are so right. Did you try Callsafe?
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Bobster
Chat Champion
All of my scam phone calls are from people claiming to be from Talk Talk.

I normally get 2 or 3 of these a month, the last being at 7:00am last week.

It’s really annoying and they do have have access to certain details, presumably as a result of the previous data leaks / breaches
Community Team

Hi @Bobster

 

You could also try activating CallSafe which has been proven to deter scam calls and allows you top block any number, You can read about it on our help page About CallSafe

 

Regards

 


 

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Arne

 

No reply for me as the OP then.

 

Quote:-

 

As others have reported before, that after contacting TalkTalk the scam calls begin, although TalkTalk deny it, it is obvious that there is still a leak somewere in your system.

ferguson
Community Star

I have contacted TalkTalk twice in the last week and have not had any scam calls. So in a sample of two that's a 50% strike rate. Perhaps your thesis is borne out of something other than fact?

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@ferguson

 

Quote:-

 

Perhaps your thesis is borne out of something other than fact?

 

 

Please explain!!!!!!!!

ferguson
Community Star

There is no relationship between contacting TalkTalk and receiving scam calls.

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@ferguson

 

I suggest you read older threads were other members have reported the same thing.

ferguson
Community Star

They have reported no such thing, they have repeated your supposition. 

umanu2
Participant

@ferguson wrote:

They have reported no such thing, they have repeated your supposition. 


Over the years there have been dozens of reports on these forums by TT customers who have received scam calls shortly after contacting TT.  No proof that these calls were anything other than coincidence, but the reports cannot be so simplistically dismissed.

 

I have a thread of my own at the moment where a similar "coincidence" may have happened, for which I am still awaiting a TT response :-

 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Let-s-beat-the-scammers-together/A-demand-for-bitcoins/m-p/22986...

 

But to claim these events don't get reported on a quite regular basis is ridiculous.

 

 

 

 

ferguson
Community Star

@umanu2 wrote:

@ferguson wrote:

They have reported no such thing, they have repeated your supposition. 


Over the years there have been dozens of reports on these forums by TT customers who have received scam calls shortly after contacting TT.  No proof that these calls were anything other than coincidence, but the reports cannot be so simplistically dismissed.

 

I have a thread of my own at the moment where a similar "coincidence" may have happened, for which I am still awaiting a TT response :-

 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Let-s-beat-the-scammers-together/A-demand-for-bitcoins/m-p/22986...

 

But to claim these events don't get reported on a quite regular basis is ridiculous.

 

 

 

 


I have not claimed these events don't get reported on quite a regular basis. Just that suggesting a cause and effect is ridiculous.

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@ferguson

 

Quote:-

 

They have reported no such thing,                             they have repeated your supposition.

 

 

Quote:-

 

I have not claimed these events don't get reported on quite a regular basis.   

 

 

 

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

 



@I8this wrote:

                               I have not had any scam calls for many weeks until now.

 


 

I have never had one E, can they be purchased, at a discount?

 

~R.

ferguson
Community Star

@I8this Just use Check & Report and/or CallSafe as you wish.

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@TheHornedOne

 

Just email or phone TalkTalk ~R. they come free of charge;)

 

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@ferguson

 

@I8this Just use Check & Report and/or CallSafe as you wish.

 

 

I tried Check & Report, it would not work. My call blocker did not stop it coming through, its blocked now.

 

ferguson
Community Star

Cool. I have moved this topic to the Beat the Scammers section for the benefit of other users.