Teamviewer is being erroneously blocked

ANSWERED
98 REPLIES 98
RayvenUK
Popular Poster

Every time I turn on my PC for the past week the TeamViewer client is informing me that it cannot reach the servers.

I've eliminated my anti-virus, firewall and router, and have narrowed it down to Talk Talk.  This was confirmed when I went to theire main website of www.teamviewer.com and was presented with a page from Talk Talk informing me this hasd been blocked as a Scam - which it certainly is not.

I further tested this by taking my PC off the TalkTalk network via my mobile phone hot spot using O2.  The client and the wqebsite were immediately accessible again.

I, like many others, big businesses included (I used to work for a leading worldwide Legal Training company), rely on TeamViewer for remote management of our client and server machines, and have a legitimate service such as this to be blocked, is unacceptable.

Please deal with this issue.

Thanks

Pax Vobiscum
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @RayvenUK

Just LiveChat or use Messenger on the mobile MyTalkTalk app and the agent will ensure you can access TeamViewer. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Manager

Hi @RayvenUK,

Did you manage to manage to get this resolved with my chat colleagues? If not do let me know and we'll get this sorted for you. 

Protecting our customers is our top priority and you'll have access to manage this yourself early in the new year from within myaccount.

Thanks 

RayvenUK
Popular Poster

All sorted.

Just managed to get onto Live chat and they released it in minutes.

Still not good that this service (which is probably one of the most well known and trusted services out there) should be blocked in the first place.

Got me worried that I'd be eating my Christmas Dinner on sandwiches in a server room Christmas Day.

Many thanks to the assistant who sorted this out for me.

Pax Vobiscum
Nitrolek
First Timer

I am having the smae problem and cannot access the live chat 😞 

Trying to log in to do some work, and i cant get it done which is holding up my day off! 

Community Manager

Hey @Nitrolek

Could you update your community profile with your phone number and i'll get this sorted for you.

Also you can use chat here

Nitrolek
First Timer

I do not have a Talk Talk Phone number, but i have an account number? 

Community Manager

ok, just put the account number in the phone number field with your community profile.

Nitrolek
First Timer

Done!

Community Manager

Hi @Nitrolek

Thanks, ive just noticed you're not the account holder, would it be possible to get the account holder to chat or register for the community so we can complete some quick checks and make the required change?

jbtibor
Participant

Please unblock TeamViewer for me as well. Tried to get hold of live chat for two days but they were always busy. Tried phone support as well but they had no clue, they wanted to diagnose my router because the support person failed to understand that the internet connection is working, only this site is blocked.

Unblock any other sites as well please and send a notification when something gets blocked. 

Ragini
First Timer

i need this actioned also please 

jbtibor
Participant

Hi StephenF, could you unblock me as well please? It is impossible to get hold of the live chat support and as I mentioned phone support have no clue what this is about.

mmforrestbeckett
First Timer

Please unblock Teamviewer access from my account obscured for customer security immediately!

My live stream has been down as part of my art exhibition for two days in a gallery and I require this access to get it back up and running asap.

jbtibor
Participant
Thank you, it is unblocked now.
Community Team
gerry883
First Timer

Please unblock TeamViewer for me as well. Tried to get hold of live chat but they were always busy.

Thanks

Gerry883
Community Team

Hi gerry883

Can you try Teamveiwer now. 

let us know

Delta7twoZZ
First Timer

Hi TalkTalk community.

I have been a TT customer since August 2011 and never had any issue until December 2016 when Teamviewer was blocked.

I can advise that on 6th Jan 2018 after LiveChat with RICOJACOB, Teamviewer was whitelisted on my TT router after 5 minutes!

I am extremely satistfied with RICOJACOB's assistance.

Cheers,
Delta7twoZZ

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Delta7twoZZ

Great news and thanks for taking the time to let us know of your good experience with LiveChat's RICOJACOB enabling your access to TeamViewer.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer