Teamviewer is being erroneously blocked

ANSWERED
JG---
First Timer

Thanks to http404 for the heads up regarding the status of Gondola.

I'm certainly not trolling - just a very dis-satisfied individual who has spent too many (unchargeable) hours trying to assist a TalkTalk customer who has been abused by the stupid decision to block TeamViewer without warning!

I also suspect that this post will go to a totally unconnected thread since it seems the option for me to [Reply] to the original has been barred.

I8this
Enlightened One

@JG---

Have a look at the solution of by zareh_doreen  here:-

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @JG---

I will reply on your own topic but for completeness I'll give you a heads-up here for you to pass on to your client. 

You can now switch off Scam Protection in your MyAccount.

• Click on MyServices on the grey header bar
  • Click on View HomeSafe settings
  • Click on Scam Protection Off
    You will receive a warning notice to the effect that TalkTalk will never ask you to switch off Scam Protection but as you've requested to have TeamViewer access then this is at your request.

Having switched off Scam Protection then you will be able to access TeamViewer.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

sysjfw
First Timer

Hi

This solution works but it's a bit a hammer to kill a fly.

Can I whitelist TeamView only?

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @sysjfw

Yes you can.

• Whitelist in the KidsSafe choose which websites to block and allow
  • KidsSafe and Scam Protection on
  • Clear browser caches if you're testing
  • Allow 5 minutes for the settings to take effect

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

llaruggeb
Team Player

Just spent a long time on chat trying to explain i wanted access to teamviewer. Adviser seemed to have a complete lack of understanding of the issue despite telling him it was well publicised. he sent me a link supposedly with instructions to a page I had already told him i had accessed.  can somebody advise me if i can get access/ do this myself to this by changing settings or do i have to keep using chat until i get someone who knows what they are doing

Thanks.

jbtibor
Participant

Can be enabled in TalkTalk account online.

Follow the instructions in one of these posts:

‎11-01-2018 09:07 PM

11-01-2018 12:18 AM

‎10-01-2018 09:06 PM

Community Team

Hi 

Simply login to My Account,  manage homesafe,  turn off scam protection. 

Thanks 

llaruggeb
Team Player

Thanks, tried that .. but scam protection defaulting to on.. i only have option to view homesafe ..not manage.. I put a new post regarding the deafault issue https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Safe-Super-Safe-Boost/Scam-Protection-keeps-defaulting-to-o...

Community Team

Hi llaruggeb

Clicking View Homesafe is the same as manage, sorry anyway  I've turned it off for you. 

Regards

llaruggeb
Team Player

Thanks Arne.. its ok .. I wasnt sure if i was missing a manage function

its seems ok now.. teamviewer is working. thanks again

sgwilkins
First Timer

Hi I too am unable to access teamviewer...

Grateful for instructions as to how I can enable acess OR for someone at TT to configure my acount to enable this..

Thanks

Steve Wilkins

jbtibor
Participant

The instructions are written in a few previous posts, scroll back a bit.

Chris-B
Team Player
I'm frustrated by the lack of information about this. When you try to connect with Teamviewer, you get no indication that it's being blocked by TalkTalk. I've just driven (an hour each way) to my mother in law's to re-install teamviewer because I could connect to fix a problem she has. Eventually I went to the Teamviewer website - if you search, it comes up as https: and my browser diagnosed a security issue. It was only when I tried http: I could see it was being diverted to a TalkTalk page (which would obviously have the wrong certificate). I also wasted several hours trying to work out why I couldn't connect to my sister's PC, and then having to talk her through something I could have done in seconds if I'd had Teamviewer working.

I understand why TalkTalk want to block Teamviewer, to stop scammers using it to connect to their victims, but there needs to be a way of telling people who are trying to use it legitimately that it's blocked by TalkTalk - just leaving them to guess is not acceptable. Fortunately, as a TalkTalk customer myself I was able to find out how to whitelist, but not Teamviewer user who want to connect to a TalkTalk user will be on TalkTalk. If it can't be set up to tell users it should be unblocked.
Aloonatic
First Timer

I also would like the use of my Teamviewer back, please unblock it. 

Aloonatic
First Timer

its very frustrating .. have tried turning off the protection thing and it still doesnt allow ... Allow Teamviewer again.

Chris-B
Team Player

Hi Aloonatic,

It is frustrating. I have sucessfully turned off the blocking, and also wrote the following instructions for my sister, and she was able to turn her block off too. Instructions:

go to www.talktalk.co.uk
Click My Account and log in
Go to My services > left colum headed Broadband > view Homesafe settings
Under Kids Safe, if it's 'off' click 'on'
Below Kids Safe click the drop-down
   'Choose which websites to block and allow'
Ignore the left hand column. In the right hand column headed Specific websites, click in the box that says 'Enter website address'
and type www.teamviewer.com then click the button under 'Allow'
Scroll down and click 'Save Changes'

If for any reason you don't want the websites in the left column blocking, just untick the boxes before saving changes.

Then check that you can go www.teamviewer.com

If you can access the teamviewer website, the program should work. If it doesn't, the problem isn't TalkTalk's block.

rozkaye
Chatterbox

I am having the same problem - I have been on webchat for the last 20 minutes and the best advice the person has for me is to turn off wait 15 minutes and try again!!!! Never mind the fact i have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, disconnected from the wifi and back on and restarted my computer, there is clearly a problem with talktalk and teamviewer so im pretty sure that isnt going to do it - can anyone help please.

rozkaye
Chatterbox

I have been on webchat for the last 20 minutes. the best advice i have had so far is to turn off wait 15 minutes and turn back on again. that is clearly not going to solve the problem. I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, disconnected and reconnected and it still wont work - can anyone help???